Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone not working 3G

Default iPhone not working 3G
    Hi! First at all, sorry for my bad english.

Look guys, I've got an iPhone 4 CDMA Verizon (obviously xD) and I'm using it in Mexico, with IUSACELL 'cause it's the only CDMA carrier here.

After a lot of search, I made that the iPhone works with the carrier... But I have some problems, 'cause
    I can have internet connection with my carrier, I have voice & SMS, but NO 3G and when I turn it on appears a symbol like this -->> and then, the 3G turns off by itself.

I've changed the APN to the new carrier, but it still do this... Do you know any way to make it work on 3G (or 4G)?
    Or it is my carrier that doesn't give support to this cellphone? 'Cause they are selling iPhone 4 on GSM.

I hope you can help guys.

Keep the good work.

Thnx in advance.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

I don't know much about using the CDMA iPhone 4 with any other carriers, but I'm going to guess it's something like AT&T iPhones with different GSM carriers. The frequencies for the carrier you're using may not be compatible with what the Verizon iP4 is made to run on therefor you won't get 3G speeds.

Changing the APN settings doesn't do anything for your data speeds except for you to simply utilize the data itself. And it definitely won't work on 4G, iPhones are not yet compatible to run off 4G speeds for any carrier at the moment.