+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Bad ESN- Can I use as an ipod touch?

is a discussion within the

General Verizon / Sprint / CDMA iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone on Verizon / Sprint / CDMA

section;
Hey everyone, I currently have an iPhone 3G without a sim card which I use as an ipod touch that can also make SIP calls. I really like it; however,
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Bad ESN- Can I use as an ipod touch?
    Hey everyone,
    I currently have an iPhone 3G without a sim card which I use as an ipod touch that can also make SIP calls. I really like it; however, I want to be able to facetime as well, so I bought a verizon iphone on ebay. Because I don't want to use this as any more than a glorified ipod touch, I bought one with a bad ESN (to save money).

2 questions:

1. on my 3G, I had to hacktivate and restore to get past the "phone locked" screen. If I restore my new verizon iphone, will i also be locked out of the phone completely? Will there be any way around this, and is there "hacktivation" for a verizon iphone as well?

2. On my 3G, I had to use SAM to activate and get push notifications to work. Will this be a problem with the Bad ESN iphone 4? How can I use SAM on a non-sim iPhone to get push notifications to work?

Thanks for the help!

Thanks

AFAIK there is no way you can hactivate. Why did you buy it before asking?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

+1. Also, since VZW iPhones don't use SIM cards, the activation would go through iTunes simply by plugging the phone in. I don't know if iTunes would deny the activation bc of a bad ESN so ...