+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Who will give up?

is a discussion within the

General Verizon / Sprint / CDMA iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone on Verizon / Sprint / CDMA

section;
Who's gonna move up to the iphone 4s/5. When it comes out n who's gonna hold onto their iPhone 4 for a couple more years to come.
    My iPhone is a Part of Me mlee19841's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Who will give up?
    Who's gonna move up to the iphone 4s/5. When it comes out n who's gonna hold onto their iPhone 4 for a couple more years to come.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,663 Times in 808 Posts

skipping the 4s getting the 6. yea right im a fanboy ill get it to lol

iPhone? More like MyPhone urwack's Avatar
    Thanks

I am going stay with my Iphone 4 and get the iphone 5 not that big of add on's to the "4S" for the upgrade at least for me

My iPhone is a Part of Me mlee19841's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DevouredDreams View Post
    skipping the 4s getting the 6. yea right im a fanboy ill get it to lol
    Lol no 5

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Just signed with VZW, gonna wait for my 1 year upgrade for next year's model

I skipped the 3GS, I can skip this one. It'll be hard to do but money's hard to come by for me

Green Apple
    Thanks

I don't really see the point in the 4s. I'll wait for the 5. The 4 is good enough to last until then.

Banned
    Thanks

hello

Thanks
    Thanked 3,865 Times in 2,205 Posts

I will be getting have to have the new latest and greatest
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

Thanks
    I will have had ip4 for about 6 mos by September so I know I'm gonna want to upgrade but going to wait for the 5 w/LTE :fingerscrossed:

iPhone? More like MyPhone rockyseay's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm going to get it, play with it, then take it back lol. I'll much rather spend my money on the iPad 3 when it comes out.,

iPhone? More like MyPhone Tperry's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mlee19841 View Post
    Not me. As soon as the Motorola Bionic hits I'm at the local Corp Verizon store laying out full retail. To many programs that I had on my Droid X that there are none on the iPhone that are as nice, and I miss them.
    Not a waterboy for Android OR Apple.

iPhone? More like MyPhone fbiryujin's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tperry View Post
    Not me. As soon as the Motorola Bionic hits I'm at the local Corp Verizon store laying out full retail. To many programs that I had on my Droid X that there are none on the iPhone that are as nice, and I miss them.
    What's missing from iPhone that you had on your Android? I'm not going to say which is better, or anything. I'm just curious.
    -FBIRyuJin

Thanks

I'll wait till the ACTUAL iPhone5 comes out next year. This isn't nothing more than the iPhone4(S). I'm surprise that MOST people who follow Apple such as myself, DIDN'T get this..lol. It's just like the 3G & the 3G(S). They'll come out with a Faster Model with little if ANY design changes & when everyone is lured in to Buying it, POW!!!!iPhone5(with LTE) comes out & those whom just signed a NEW Two year Will Pretty Much be Screwed..lol.
    It is Not by our Hands that things Change, BUT rather our Interventions that change ourselves.

Chris iPhone5 16GB(Evasion Jailbreak
    iPad Mini 16GB, Apple TV 3rd Gen
    )
    Mac Mini (2012 Model) Running Mavericks
    Cydia Account #895872

iPhone? More like MyPhone Tperry's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fbiryujin View Post
    What's missing from iPhone that you had on your Android? I'm not going to say which is better, or anything. I'm just curious.
    Alert LED, the ability to have a live wallpaper that shows the weather (via Beautiful Weather widget), ability of WeatherBug to give instant severe weather alerts, Password Safe (a fantastic password/account/just about anything you want program to secure data but specific to Android), my vehicle log tracking software (it's android specific), Handcent SMS. I don't do games, so that aspect of the iPhone superiority is not important to me, the ability to do custom SMS alert tones for specific users, the ability to do custom alert tones for specific email accounts. Those are just a few of the main items that I miss.
    I also like the larger screen size on the newer Android phones (my vision isn't what it was when I was 20-30 - have to use cheater glasses to read the iPhone screen for news/email/sms. I'm also not getting into the slam-fest about which is better. Both have their strengths and weaknesses. I honestly had no problems with my Android phones locking up or rebooting. My wife on the other hand had the identical phone and hers ended up locking up the keyboard whenever she tried to respond to SMS texts after she got Gingerbread. I'm keeping the iPhone for now and when the Bionic comes out will either sell it or set it aside and have it as an emergency phone.
    Last edited by Tperry; 07-20-2011 at 06:44 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone fbiryujin's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tperry View Post
    Alert LED, the ability to have a live wallpaper that shows the weather (via Beautiful Weather widget), ability of WeatherBug to give instant severe weather alerts, Password Safe (a fantastic password/account/just about anything you want program to secure data but specific to Android), my vehicle log tracking software (it's android specific), Handcent SMS. I don't do games, so that aspect of the iPhone superiority is not important to me, the ability to do custom SMS alert tones for specific users, the ability to do custom alert tones for specific email accounts. Those are just a few of the main items that I miss.
    I also like the larger screen size on the newer Android phones (my vision isn't what it was when I was 20-30 - have to use cheater glasses to read the iPhone screen for news/email/sms.
    Well played sir. I'm happy with iPhone. I say "To each his own and don't fight over platforms."
    -FBIRyuJin

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Very much agreed, everyone has their own preferences! It's likely down to what's important to an individual though. I thought about what if I switched to Android...decided to ditch the idea. I love the App Store and I love Cydia. The JB community has come up with so many awesome things that I enjoy (I guess some could say a lot of these features Android already has in default but hey lol).

That and did ya guys here about the guy skydiving and his iPhone fell outta his pocket? Th screen was of course shattered but he could still make and receive calls. How amazing of hardware is that

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mlee19841 View Post
    Who will give up?

Thanks

I know I'll get the 4s even though I'm happy with my ip4