Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: What can an iPhone with a bad ESN do ?

i honestly dont know why it was blacklisted. Hopefully it wasn't reported stolen cause i don't want to be the one who gets blamed for it. So even if I jailbreak it, i still cant unblock the phone? Any suggestions on what to do with it then because I already have an ipod touch.

So you went to the apple store, told them that the phone had call dropping issues, and that it kept rebooting itself? did they ask you any questions or try testing out the phone? Also, won't they be able to check if the phones blacklisted? I am probably going to take your advice and go to the apple store, so it would be cool if you give me more information on what to do or expect what they will ask, when i go to the store.
    Last edited by Lakerlover2; 07-25-2012 at 12:48 PM.

hey all. new here. sorry to dig up a slightly old thread. I'm having this issue as well. I lost my Sprint iPhone4s camping last weekend. set it on top of a car in pitchblack darkness and forgot about it. it would have probably slid off immediately and been able to be found, but I had the gnarliest Otter Box available on it, so I think the rubber made it stay on the car until we were out on the highway. Find my iPhone didn't work, phone might have been dead. at any rate, a friend who voided his contract with Verizon just gave me his iPhone (he owed me one, I gave him a phone a while back when he was down on his luck). So I have a Verizon iPhone 4s. Can I flash it to Sprint? both are CDMA, I believe. how do I go about doing this? I restored it from my iCloud backup, and all is well, I just need it to work on Sprint, and I don't have 90 days or whatever to wait, as I'm super busy with a career that requires a smart phone. Do I need to unlock/jailbreak? Can I just take it in to Sprint and say "Flash this please?" I'm pretty good with computers/programming, etc. but iPhone stuff is all news to me, so trade names like Cydia or whatever don't mean a whole lot yet. thanks a bunch!

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by warped_warpig View Post
    hey all. new here. sorry to dig up a slightly old thread. I'm having this issue as well. I lost my Sprint iPhone4s camping last weekend. set it on top of a car in pitchblack darkness and forgot about it. it would have probably slid off immediately and been able to be found, but I had the gnarliest Otter Box available on it, so I think the rubber made it stay on the car until we were out on the highway. Find my iPhone didn't work, phone might have been dead. at any rate, a friend who voided his contract with Verizon just gave me his iPhone (he owed me one, I gave him a phone a while back when he was down on his luck). So I have a Verizon iPhone 4s. Can I flash it to Sprint? both are CDMA, I believe. how do I go about doing this? I restored it from my iCloud backup, and all is well, I just need it to work on Sprint, and I don't have 90 days or whatever to wait, as I'm super busy with a career that requires a smart phone. Do I need to unlock/jailbreak? Can I just take it in to Sprint and say "Flash this please?" I'm pretty good with computers/programming, etc. but iPhone stuff is all news to me, so trade names like Cydia or whatever don't mean a whole lot yet. thanks a bunch!

Cheers
    You need to find a sprint dealer that can flash it for you.

Check out WW2 for iOS 8 - Widget-Weather 2.0

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Defatmac,
    Your scamming of apple on an invalid insurance scheme is what costs us all when we have valid reasons to turn things in or ask for exceptions.

Your laziness should be your loss, I always ask, and I always offer when selling this info, even if the buyer doesn't ask.
    I have dealt with "thieves" and can't stand it.

And I'm sorry if you got screwed, but e petting apple or any carrier to help you because of your neglect, will only raise our costs (assuring is ridulous) or make it harder for honest people in the future when they toughen their rules because of people like you.

You got by, but you should be ashamed and never brag about theft.

Just for clarification, I am upgrading my 4S to the 5 at full price. I can sell the 4S off with a clean ESN right?

Sorry for the noobness, I new in this country and don't fully understand how contract obligations work.

Quote Originally Posted by aayman_farzand View Post
    Just for clarification, I am upgrading my 4S to the 5 at full price. I can sell the 4S off with a clean ESN right?

Sorry for the noobness, I new in this country and don't fully understand how contract obligations work.
    You are correct. As long as your account is current and paid up, you can sell your 4s with a clean ESN.

verison or sprint iphone 4s has microsim card port. wouldn't it work with straight talk sim for example?

there is no such thing as straight talk dealer office (only walmart lol) so i dont even know where to go to flash it. is it there same story with droids? wouldnt for example sprint galaxy 3 with bad esn work with straight talk simcard?
    Last edited by balibu; 09-30-2012 at 07:47 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by balibu View Post
    verison or sprint iphone 4s has microsim card port. wouldn't it work with straight talk sim for example?

there is no such thing as straight talk dealer office (only walmart lol) so i dont even know where to go to flash it. is it there same story with droids? wouldnt for example sprint galaxy 3 with bad esn work with straight talk simcard?
    These phones will only work on Straight Talk if their SIM card slots are fully unlocked. Most phones are sold with the SIM slot locked to a special SIM for Verizon/Sprint for GSM roaming purposes internationally.

While Verizon and Sprint will unlock an iPhone (and other phones) on occasion if you ask nicely and are a good eligible customer, they typically unlock the phone for use on all carriers EXCEPT AT&T and T-Mobile USA. Straight Talk uses the AT&T network, so the phone will not let you access their network.

(Note: this does not apply to the Verizon iPhone 5, and I don't know about if Sprint will unlock or what networks are allowed on their GS3).

thank u for. thats very helpful!

Default help
    Hi,

I have iPhone 5 from sprint with bad esn, please tell how can i flash it to T-mobile??????

Quote Originally Posted by mujalli View Post
    Hi,

I have iPhone 5 from sprint with bad esn, please tell how can i flash it to T-mobile??????
    Take it to a T-mobile dealer that flashes iPhones. That's your best bet.

ok where can i find it ?

Thanks

Well For The Verizon iPhone 4S If JailBroken You Can Order The Gevey Ultra S & Use It On Another Network & Everything Will Still Work & For The Sprint iPhone 5 You Can Order The New R Sim6 & Use It For Another Network & Everything Will Also Work. Both Sims Are Avilable For Purchase Through E Bay
    Last edited by PuertoRoc; 10-31-2012 at 05:25 PM.

Default bad esn and wi-fi
    I hate to necro this ancient thread but I have a related question. I'm looking to purchase each version of the iphone to test web designs with. I've run into several css issues that only crop up on iphone versions of safari. And the issues vary by device version.

Does a bad esn prevent me from using them as a wi-fi gadget only? I don't really want to drop a bunch of cash on new phones that will never be used as phones. This looks to be an option but would appreciate some input. Thanks in advance...

Yes Verizon iPhone has sim card slot I have one using now but if it's factory unlock it will only work for international gam carriers it will never work in USA

Quote Originally Posted by derlax View Post
    I hate to necro this ancient thread but I have a related question. I'm looking to purchase each version of the iphone to test web designs with. I've run into several css issues that only crop up on iphone versions of safari. And the issues vary by device version.

Does a bad esn prevent me from using them as a wi-fi gadget only? I don't really want to drop a bunch of cash on new phones that will never be used as phones. This looks to be an option but would appreciate some input. Thanks in advance...
    Yes they can be used on WiFi.

FYI.... Iphone 5S is same model now for ATT and Verizon.

Someone tell me

1. What does the screen show when bad esn? Hello screen with Activation failed?

2. Can ios be updated/restored by entering DFU mode and loading custom IPSW? like 6.0.X which has jailbreak and unlocking available/

3. What are the options to make it use other than ipod touch?

You can actually use the iPhone on page plus, cricket, gottabemobile, and other prepaid providers.

hey people, I know this is an old thread, but I have a question concerning the same issue. I want to buy a bad esn phone of an american friend to use in The Netherlands. Can I use it with lets say t-mobile netherlands?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast