+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Connect to iTunes to use push notifications

is a discussion within the

General Verizon / Sprint / CDMA iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone on Verizon / Sprint / CDMA

section;
So I have an iPhone 4 on the Verizon network and I started to get these messages yesterday. I've been looking around and turns out only people who hacktivated get
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Connect to iTunes to use push notifications
    So I have an iPhone 4 on the Verizon network and I started to get these messages yesterday. I've been looking around and turns out only people who hacktivated get these pop ups. I'm on the Verizon so there's no way to hacktivate... Can someone please help? I'm jailbroken btw...

iPhone? More like MyPhone JonnyBoy123's Avatar
    Thanks

The reason for this is simply because you are jailbroken. There is a tweak/mod (what ever floats your boat) that you have installed that is causing push notifications to discontinue working on your device. What is/are the recent tweaks you have installed to your iDevice when the issue occurred? Also what firmware and what Generation iPhone or iPod Touch?
     Think Different.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Dude I don't even know... I've installed so many tweaks/mods. Which are the main ones that do this?

Mes
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyBoy123 View Post
    ...There is a tweak/mod (what ever floats your boat) that you have installed that is causing push notifications ...
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeFlyGuy View Post
    Dude I don't even know... I've installed so many tweaks/mods. Which are the main ones that do this?
    Impossible to say. Where did you get the apps? Authorized sources generally don't cause problems.

You probably need to start over. Get the phone, push, MMS, tethering, youtube, facefime, and all the basics working FIRST. Then add your apps one at a time.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I installed pushdoctor and that "connect to iTunes etc..." pop up stopped popping up. So I think we're good here. Thanks anyways guys.

Green Apple
    Thanks

are you trying to get "Push" notifications to work? or get rid of them? if your trying to get them to work, then you shouldn't have any problems with them since your on Verizon. your phone activates after a restore's done. this should should make your push notifications to work, try and check to see if they're enabled on your settings. when i used to be on the iPhone 3G, i used to test the push by downloading AIM on the appstore and ichatting with my mac through my iPhone, and i get the push im's even if my phone's locked, kind of like a text message. it was kinda tricky back then because you always have to restore with a legit carrier sim like AT&T before you could use your T-Mobile sim or other GSM carrier to activate your phone's push notifications.

my push notifications on the VZW iPhone 4 works fine. it's kind of a hit or miss for the Facebook app. some days it would push out majority of all the notifications on that day. some days it'd come in incosistently like a couple of hours later or on a random time. so whenever you restore your VZW iPhone, since it's legit carrier, you should always be able to get the push activated no matter what.

iPhone? More like MyPhone JonnyBoy123's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SomeFlyGuy View Post
    I installed pushdoctor and that "connect to iTunes etc..." pop up stopped popping up. So I think we're good here. Thanks anyways guys.
    Oh ok. Glad to see you've got the problem fixed! As the person stated before me, watch the untrusted sources that you install because the trusted sources like ModMyi, BigBoss, etc. Will only have available tweaks that are safe for your device.
     Think Different.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hey guys, i'm a bit new at this but maybe someone can help me out. I've just upgraded from iphone 3gs to iphone4 but my push notifications aren't working that well. Facebook doesn't notify nor any of the other apps that used to notify me in my 3gs. I'm not jailbroken so I wasn't expecting this problem.

I would really appreciate any help. The iphone3gs I used to own was on iOS 4.3.1. The iphone4 was on 4.2.1 and had this issue so I upgraded to 4.3.2 looking to solve it

Thanks in advanced

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xavimangels View Post
    Hey guys, i'm a bit new at this but maybe someone can help me out. I've just upgraded from iphone 3gs to iphone4 but my push notifications aren't working that well. Facebook doesn't notify nor any of the other apps that used to notify me in my 3gs. I'm not jailbroken so I wasn't expecting this problem.

I would really appreciate any help. The iphone3gs I used to own was on iOS 4.3.1. The iphone4 was on 4.2.1 and had this issue so I upgraded to 4.3.2 looking to solve it

Thanks in advanced
    Just to clarify, i do have all the settings correctly adjusted to receive notifications.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I just rebooted and it solved the problem.

Thanks

Default "Connect to itunes to use push notifications"
    I had this problem on my iPhone 4 5.0.1 w/ Redsnow tethered.

To fix it:

Re-run Redsnow, go to extras and select your ipsw. then go back and select jailbreak. Un-check everything except deactivate. Follow all the steps.

When your phone reboots it will re activate on its own and BAM fixed the issue.

Hope this works for others.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

oh i never heard about this dude and nic to hear that u gt the problem fixed

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyBoy123 View Post
    The reason for this is simply because you are jailbroken. There is a tweak/mod (what ever floats your boat) that you have installed that is causing push notifications to discontinue working on your device. What is/are the recent tweaks you have installed to your iDevice when the issue occurred? Also what firmware and what Generation iPhone or iPod Touch?
    I have iphone 3gs ios 6.1.6 bb 5.13.04 jailbroken. i just updated it to ios 6.1.6 from 6.1.3 and used redsnow to jailbreak and activate. from cydia i just downloaded ultrsn0w and p0sixspwn and getting this "Connect to iTunes to use Push Notifications" for every app like facebook,snapchat,kik etc. pls help thanks