Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Verizon iPhone Firmware 4.2.7

iPhone? More like MyPhone JonnyBoy123's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Verizon iPhone Firmware 4.2.7
    I'm posting this for the users who do NOT know about the new iPhone firmware 4.2.7 that was released with today's release of iOS 4.3.2.

For those of you who read in Michael Essany's post about the new iOS firmware 4.3.2, if you saw the sad and misleading words that were stated "For now, the update doesn't apply to the Verizon iPhone 4 (CDMA)." and you were disappointed, you are not a lone. Essany stated that the iOS version 4.3.2 was not available to Verizon iPhone 4's (which he is right) but he did not state that the Verizon iPhone 4 did indeed receive a firmware update of its own. The newest build of iOS for Verizon customers is called 4.2.7 (8E303). I wish Essany would have included this information in his article but it's here now. Go ahead and connect your Verizon iPhone 4 to iTunes and click on "Update" to get the latest version [iOS 4.2.7] for your Verizon iPhone 4. DO NOT UPDATE IF YOU DONT WANT TO LOSE YOUR JAILBREAK!!!

If anybody has updated to 4.2.7 or is going to update their Verizon handset, please leave your feedback of the iOS in the comments!

Thank you,
    JonnyBoy123
    Last edited by JonnyBoy123; 04-14-2011 at 11:40 PM. Reason: additional info was added thanks to reznor9
     Think Different.

I assume this will kill people's jailbreaks. So you might not want to tell people to go ahead and update without a disclaimer.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to reznor9 For This Useful Post:

JonnyBoy123 (04-14-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by reznor9 View Post
    I assume this will kill people's jailbreaks. So you might not want to tell people to go ahead and update without a disclaimer.
    true... ill edit this right now. thanks btw
     Think Different.

I updated at the bottom of that news thread 25 minutes before this thread. I asked at 5 pm central time if I could update the news thread to include the 4.2.7 update. I wanted to clear it with the owners before messing with their news articles because they are very important part of MMi.

Default iPhone upgrade
    Is there any softwares available to update to Iphone 4,
    But to mu knowledgem 3g cannot be upgrades, as the applications will not support..

Thanks

@Cer0, oh ok I must have missed that.

@Kathrynfike, I'm not sure what u mean about new softwares to update to but all that is needed to update your iPhone is simply just your iPhone and your computer with iTunes installed. You will be guided through the rest by iTunes to complete the installation. And by "3g cannot be upgrades" I assume your referring to the iPhone 3G. The iPhone 3G's last firmware update was 4.2.1 and no new firmware will be available to these devices: iPhone 2G, iPod Touch 1G, iPhone 3G, and iPod Touch 2G.
     Think Different.