Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Verizon iPhone Data Usage

Default Verizon iPhone Data Usage
    I have a question for all you Verizon iPhone users. I got the iPhone on Thursday and it's been great so far and I know I have unlimited data, but since I got the phone, I have used a heck of a lot of it. I had blown through 150MB within the first day. At the rate i'm going, i'll be over 5GB in a month and i'm not even tethering with mywi. (yet). The most I did was stream pandora for 20 min and 30 min of a netflix movie. Everything else is light web browsing and email. Could I really have used the amount of data it says I have? Thanks guys.
    -photo-1.png

Thanks

I used 9.821gb last Month

Wow okay haha. Guess it's okay then. I just don't want my data to be throttled. I'll just watch Netflix off WiFi from now on, its probably faster that way anyway.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Netflix and Pandora will use up a lot of data. I bet if you stopped using those for a couple days you'll notice a significant drop of your data usage.

I use about 3GB a month with tethering. I don't stream music or watch movies (just not my interest I guess) so I'm very inclined to say those who use a lot of data are those who watch movies/videos and stream music.

I used 466 MB last month, but usually I'm either home or at work both of which have wifi, so i think that really curves my usage.

Thanks

Yea I use Netflix and pandora a bunch

I use a lot of data but I'm usually on wifi (school, work, home). Pandora and netflix sound like they would use a lot of data haha

Ya I'm not jailbroken and I used 10.2 gb of data last
    month with no problem. I'm streaming Netflix everynight at work, or Pandora which is why it is so high.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I got my iPhone this past Tuesday, and I've already used 850mb of data. in not even 4 days yet. my main usage comes from streaming Rdio and Netflix at work. I'm afraid to see what it is next week when I start streaming XM for 4 hours a day for the Jason Ellis show.

you guys think it's worth it to wait for an iphone 5 when rumors say it won't have unlimited data?

Quote Originally Posted by mytech View Post
    you guys think it's worth it to wait for an iphone 5 when rumors say it won't have unlimited data?
    I'd rather have the iPhone 4 with unlimited data than the iPhone 5 with a capped data plan.

Thanks

Yeah it's true the unlimited data is gonna be gone soon. Might as well get the 4 and skip 5 then upgrade next time if youre a pretty heavy data user.

Once you have the unlimited data plan aren't you grandfathered into it. Atleast that's what the rep told me

Thanks

Generally that's what is expected, but it isn't wrong on Verizon's end if it were removed from your plan when the time comes. It's probably in the contract.

I would think it would be just how Att grandfathered people in

Thanks

Right, I would expect that too just like everyone else is. As I've mentioned before though, don't be surprised if it doesn't happen that way even though it is reasonable to say it will. If it doesn't happen Verizon has the ability and jurisdiction to do it. But let's hope not

Yeah I was on the ATT capped network 2 months ago and it sucked. Enjoy the unlimited because I know I am.

Just used over 12gb on my last bill. Watch HBO to Go every night at work, Netflix, pandora in the car ect....

Haven't notice them throttling my net speed at all. Just put it this way I watched all 7 seasons of Entourage in 2 1/2 weeks lol

I bought a brand new Verizon iPhone 4 a few days ago and my phone does not vibrate for text messages. The little blue box with a glimpse of the message shows up, but it does not vibrate at all. Could someone please explain step by step what I need to do.

Thanks

You should return it. It seems to be a hardware issue, if it is brand new you shouldn't be experiencing any problems.

Try a restore if possible before anything though.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Spam^^^^

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast