Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Verizon is slow!

Well I just switched back to Att because Att bought out all the Verizon contracts in my area. Well, I wish I coulda stayed on Verizon, lil slower data but work in far more areas. With Att I have to turn 3G off just to get service.

Verizon data is slow...I tested with with my friends at&t iPhone 4 and he won.

I don't have a problem with speed, as always, at least I think, location, location, location. I have 1mb/s down, .7 up. THats about the average I get. I have been nothing but pleased with Verizon. I have had them for 10 years or so.

I just switch from an Android phone to the iPhone 4. My only issue is with the App store, It takes forever to download any app, a 500kb file took over 5 mins on 3G. I had no problem with the android market though. 3G web browsing is fine as is most other apps that use 3G.

I recently swapped from the Samsung Fascinate to the iPhone and have noticed slower data speeds then on my android devices. It's kind of frustrating.

Lol you dont switch to verzion for fast 3g.. You switch to verizon to have signal in more places that ATandT

If you like browsing web quick then use AtandT

If you like talking and texting wherever you go then use verizon..

I have no problem with Verizon net speed. Can watch all my video apps with no problems what so ever, I also use it to tether my IPad 2 and watch net flicks on that with out any issues. I mean how fast do you really need your 3G to be...

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

If you've ever had AT&T's 3G compared to VZW's, it's a very noticeable difference. The time it takes for me to load a vid on AT&T vs VZW is not even worth debating. HOWEVER I am with VZW with unlimited (something AT&T refused to give me lol) and am happy to have slower speeds just so I don't have to pay $30 extra month bc I can't stay under 2GB.

But yeah, the speeds are really slow compared to other 3G speeds on GSM carriers. It's an adjustment I had to make, but I'm adjusted

I had Att ever since the the 1st gen iPhone and I see no difference in the speed. Maybe it's just where I live. But unlimted plan is the bomb. Last bill I used little of 13gb.

I have a friend on AT&T and Internet is faster but yes I luv my unlimited Internet almost at 18gigs this month
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -imageuploadedbymodmyi1311330032.634572.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by V1cmlb View Post
    I have a friend on AT&T and Internet is faster but yes I luv my unlimited Internet almost at 18gigs this month
    Sweet gotta luv it

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

It's not the same for everyone. The speeds are significantly different in most areas. Then again I can have full coverage on both carriers on the same devices and from speedtest.net, there's quite a difference.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456