+ Reply
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Verizon is slow!

is a discussion within the

General Verizon / Sprint / CDMA iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone on Verizon / Sprint / CDMA

section;
I think you can test Verizon for a certain amount of time and return the phone and not pay anything if you find the service doesn't satisfy you. Call and
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

I think you can test Verizon for a certain amount of time and return the phone and not pay anything if you find the service doesn't satisfy you. Call and ask!

Personally I was in the same boat as you and I was paying for 2 extra GB per month. It sucked bc at&t's system doesn't update fast enough like Verizon's (not like it matters bc it is unlimited).

What happens is I would pay $10 for the extra GB, use about 200MB of it and when next cycle rolls around, the system updates late and sticks the 200MB to my new cycle taking out of my 2GB allowance. It happened every single month.

I'm so relieved to not have to check how much data I'm using just to be sure I don't keep paying for the extra 1GB when it doesn't even stick to the current cycle.

You might just feel the same way. If not, well just call Verizon and ask if they will let you try them out and cancel with no fees or payment within a certain timeframe.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I'm probably gonna give them a call tomorrow and see if I can test one out and return it if it's not to my liking. The only problem is... I would wanna port my phone number from ATT. So if I port my number then decide the service isn't good for me, I still technically cancelled my ATT contract early and they'll slap me with an ETF anyway. Unless Verizon gives me a new number, lets me test it, THEN let's me port my old number if I decide to stay. I don't know if that would even be possible though. But the only thing I can do is call and ask...

I sit there at work afraid and hesitant to do anything, because I know I already went over my data and don't wanna get charged an EXTRA $10 again when my data plan ends in like 2 days. Happened a few months in a row already... It's a pain to have a phone capable of so much yet not being able to use any of it cause it all just uses so much data.

Thanks
    Well this is VZW in Florida on 3 bars of 3G service, not too shabby if u ask me.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Verizon is slow!-imageuploadedbymodmyi.jpg  

Thanks
    Also I have to say that VZW will let you try the phone for two weeks, and if you dont want to keep it you can rtn it, pay for your usage(not sure how they figure out that cost, id assume at the most expensive way possible) and pay a restocking fee, which I believe is $35 but don't quote me on that restocking fee.

Thanks
    Ok last post on this. just did about ten (10) speed tests in a row all on first 4 bars then 3 in south west Florida. Here us the results page and u can clearly c this is in cellular not wifi

Thanks
    Here r results
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Verizon is slow!-imageuploadedbymodmyi.jpg  

Thanks
    I messed up first pic

Thanks

You can try Verizon and use the number they give you. They will allow you to port your AT&T number over if you decide you want to stick with Verizon later on. You don't have to cancel and port immediately.

Give it a try if you'd like, but don't cancel AT&T yet, then try Verizon, if you like it tell Verizon to port your number. Don't cancel AT&T yourself or you can't port your number, Verizon will do it therefore canceling your line. At least that's what they told me. Double check to be sure. Of course if you don't like Verizon return the phone and cancel without penalty of contract.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I switched over to Verizon this morning and so far noticed better service pretty much all around. (Bars) Haven't really tested out 3g speeds yet, but better service is always a plus. Unlimited data is a plus. The only thing I really need to see now is when I go to work in a half hour. Hopefully it's alright and I make this change permanent. Jailbreaking the new phone as we speak :]

Thanks
    Good luck sir. If you have issues in using XM at work and pandora in the car, I would honestly be really surprised. I have iffy signal at my desk, and it works nice. I actually watch MLB.tv at my desk on 3g. Thats streaming live baseball games. I think you will be a-ok.

Thanks
    Ya I tried AT&T for a week here in fla and couldn't believe the difference in service quality. ( much much poorer) than with Verizon. I was able to have both phones at once and it was hands down Verizon here in the good old sunshine state. Not only with call quality but data also, always 3G and speeds were very consistent. AT&T would have occasional bursts where a web page would load super fast but I'd say at least 75% of time it was way slower then Verizon. Another thing worth metioning is Verizon is now optimizing video on it's
    network so YouTube and streaming anything will be much better on Verizon where as large data files
    may be slightly quicker occasionally with AT&T, it is def not worth it. (opinion)
    Last edited by Tkaneci2; 04-19-2011 at 03:43 PM. Reason: Misspelled words

Green Apple
    Thanks

Alright so I've been at work for almost 4 hours now. I've definitely noticed 3G is a little slower than on ATT... BUT I have 3 bars of 3G in places of my job that I would actually drop to edge with ATT. I redownloaded all my JB apps over 3G while here and it's not like it took forever. It's not a HuGE difference from ATT. I think I'm gonna make the change permanent. The only place i have to test now (which won't influence my decision) is my local movie theatre. I completely lost service there with ATT. it could only get better. I might actually get service on Verizon.

Thanks

That's good. I had no service in the library in my school with AT&T. Though with Verizon I have no data coverage lol but I actually have service for calls which is the important part in case of emergencies. So yeah I'm happy with my switch. Looks like you are too so far.

Thanks
    I'm glad u it worked out for u ipadfoot. I know at my school here they have wifi throughout which is def a plus, so I've never had a prob with service. I've also noticed with Verizon I drove from here in fla to NYC and had 3G the whole way, that's always nice!

iPhone? More like MyPhone dykzebr's Avatar
    Thanks

My Verizon speeds are great, I stream Netflix, Pandora, Facebook, and always browsing the web. My Verizon iPhone also has service EVERYWHERE!! I have yet to lose all of my bars, or call out. I also live in the country.
    Extremly Happy Verizon iPhone User...

iPhone 4 32gb CDMA JailBROKE!

Thanks
    glad to hear that iipadfoot.... another thing that sold me on VZW... I travel quite a bit and sometimes end up in the middle of nowhere (my parents house) Verizon is the only network that has signal there... When I had other networks, I had to drive 5 miles back to the highway cell towers to make a cell service call, send and receive texts and all that other fancy jazz...

Green Apple
    Thanks

So I've had Verizon for 4 days now, and I've officially put my ATT phone on craigslist :] I might have went A LITTLE overboard with my data usage so far O 850mb so far and I haven't even been to work for today yet. So technically 3 days. But it feels so good to not have to limit myself anymore. I pretty much have 5 bars EVERYWHERE I GO when I'm driving. Service at my job is not too shabby, I haven't dropped or buffered when streaming anything yet. I do get worse service in my house though then I did with ATT. I got 3 bars with ATT, I get 1 bar with Verizon, if I try to make a call, voices cut out for a second every now and then, so I have to step out my front door. But I use about 8 minutes a month, if that (i hate phone calls) so no biggie. I'll try to get a pic of my speed when I'm on the road later. (Somewhere with better bars) cause the numbers wouldn't be too good in my house.

Thanks
    awesome dude... welcome to Verizon....

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iipadfoot View Post
    I do get worse service in my house though then I did with ATT. I got 3 bars with ATT, I get 1 bar with Verizon, if I try to make a call, voices cut out for a second every now and then, so I have to step out my front door. But I use about 8 minutes a month, if that (i hate phone calls) so no biggie. I'll try to get a pic of my speed when I'm on the road later. (Somewhere with better bars) cause the numbers wouldn't be too good in my house.
    Wait you don't make phone calls? Then why even have a month with a monthly charge of ~$40-50 a month?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BenderRodriguez View Post
    Wait you don't make phone calls? Then why even have a month with a monthly charge of ~$40-50 a month?
    Why have a month? I assume you mean why have a phone with a monthly charge...? I use the iPhone for everything else it's capable of. I use around 7-8k texts a month. Plus I use around 6-7gb of data a month on things like web, radio, Netflix, podcasts, etc. I'm barely home so I don't really have time to do anything from home anymore. I also use it for skype/FaceTime when I'm not home or if i just don't feel like opening my laptop. Is it really that big of a surprise that I don't use the actual phone feature too often? ALOT of people I know or know of would gladly get rid of their cell minutes off their plan completely if they could since they barely use them.