+ Reply
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Verizon is slow!

is a discussion within the

General Verizon / Sprint / CDMA iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone on Verizon / Sprint / CDMA

section;
Originally Posted by ZXMustang You are on wifi smart guy. Take a screen shot of the results page. Hahaha probably he is on wifi but really is a fact att
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ZXMustang View Post
    You are on wifi smart guy. Take a screen shot of the results page.
    Hahaha probably he is on wifi but really is a fact att 3G is faster than Verizon I tested my mom att i4 and dl speed was almost 4.5mb amd Verizon I got the fastest around 1.25 but in average around 750kbps

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

AT&T is faster. Its just useless to have fast speeds when you can't use it bc AT&T has bad coverage. But that's my area. Goes the same the other way around with Verizon. Whichever carrier has superior coverage in your area is the one you should use

Thanks
    Thanked 3,865 Times in 2,205 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    AT&T is faster. Its just useless to have fast speeds when you can't use it bc AT&T has bad coverage. But that's my area. Goes the same the other way around with Verizon. Whichever carrier has superior coverage in your area is the one you should use
    Plus 1
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    Very true!

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,797 Times in 1,222 Posts

Yah I'm bummed I got the iPad 2 with Verizon. Speeds are /way/ slower than my AT&T iPad.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Green Apple
    Thanks

Verizon is also throttling the data by default at all times on the iPhone. This issue was raised on the android phones as well but a lot easier to fix. As soon as my friend gets back home with his Verizon service iPhone I will show you speed differences between an iPhone with data throttle on and one with data throttle off there is a huge difference.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Denpad2010 View Post
    That's right that's why I moved from att to verizon

But now I moved to another city and now I'd like go back to att lol my
    Mom has att and i4 wow speedy
    When I gave verizon a try for a few days with their iphone 4 it felt like I was stuck in quick sand.
    Sure I had 5 bars everywhere, but it will take 60-90 seconds ot refresh 3 email accounts.
    youtube playback on 3g was terrible and web pages would timeout.
    I took it back within 3 days and that made me appreciate ATT even more.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Yeah it's a bummer that my speeds are slow compared to when I had at&t, but I can't stand paying $45 for data when I can pay $30 for VZW a month. I'd rather save $15 a month than enjoy faster speeds.

Thanks
    When I first got my VZW iPhone, my wife still had her i4 on AT&T... here in Las Vegas the network coverage for both companies is fairly even. 3G blankets the entire city.... "faster speeds" on AT&T didnt really help her with inconsistent data service. For some reason data would fade in and out and it would take 1-4 minutes to upload a simple photo to facebook. On my VZW i4 it takes maybe 20-30 seconds at max. At&t has always claimed to be faster and that may be. I could care less. my i4 works EVERYWHERE AND ALL THE TIME.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iPhone slow
    The speed of the browsing is quite good, its because of the wifi connection, check for the better one.
    i am using iphone 4 which have good ipnone streaming, and i watch espn ,online tvs too...

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by amoamare View Post
    Verizon is also throttling the data by default at all times on the iPhone. This issue was raised on the android phones as well but a lot easier to fix. As soon as my friend gets back home with his Verizon service iPhone I will show you speed differences between an iPhone with data throttle on and one with data throttle off there is a huge difference.
    how do you turn the Data Throttle off?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alveezy View Post
    how do you turn the Data Throttle off?
    You can't

Thanks
    I revert back to my previous thoughts, I will take slow and steady over fast and inconsistent.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    You can't
    then why did amoamare state that he's about to show the difference between an iPhone with a throttled data on and another one with it being off? i remember some topic on this same forum that someone found a .plist that's named "DATA_THROLD.plist<ON>" or something like that on their VZW iPhone 4?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I get 0.83 Mbps download at -71 db signal (four or five bars). Upload is like 0.6. No complaints here.

iPhone? More like MyPhone starkall's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by symmm View Post
    I get 0.83 Mbps download at -71 db signal (four or five bars). Upload is like 0.6. No complaints here.
    Seriously, no complaints with that? I used to get 3-5mb DL and 1mb upload with my Att ip4

Thanks
    I'm with symmm. I have signal everywhere and rarely have issues uploading. I've had my i4 from day 1 on vzw and have not dropped a call with it yet.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I was just thinking about selling my ATT iP4 and going Verizon but now I have to think. My main reason for switching is data. I use 4-5gb/month right now on a 2gb cap, and that's with like light/moderate usage, trying to limit. But if speeds are so slow where I can't stream Pandora in my car or XM while I'm at work, it kinda defeats the point of having unlimited data. I wish there was a way I could test the iP4 on VZW for a day before I made up my mind...

Thanks
    you will have no problem streaming pandora in your car... or XM.... i have never had any issues anyway. I use pandora everyday at work streaming over 3G on verizon

Green Apple
    Thanks

I'm not so much worried about pandora in the car, more for XM at work. I get 1-2 bars 3g in most of my work building with ATT throughout the day. And for seconds at a time depending where I am, it drops to edge. It's not really known for being good with cell service. If it gets worse it'll be a problem.