+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Flash to Cricket?

is a discussion within the

General Verizon / Sprint / CDMA iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone on Verizon / Sprint / CDMA

section;
Appearntly it can be done, but the one thing in the video that I question is that the carrier says verizon 9.5 Verizon iPhone Flashed to Work on Cricket Wireless
    My iPhone is a Part of Me iPittsburgh's Avatar
    Thanks

Appearntly it can be done, but the one thing in the video that I question is that the carrier says verizon 9.5 Verizon iPhone Flashed to Work on Cricket Wireless

Green Apple
    Thanks

Just to clear things up.
    The phone can be re-provisioned to cricket, metroPCS and a varity of other smaller carriers.

ITS IN NO SHAPE ILLEGAL.

MuscleNerd has misunderstood and possibly donsn't understand this. I myself have tried to contact him about the matter but he seems to not really care much about unlocking the phone to other carriers.

The fact of the matter ITS NOT ILLEGAL and DOES NOT require you to alter the ESN/MEID you simply give them the MEID on the phone that came shipped with the phone and the carrier will add it to there database.

Right now the phone has issues on other carriers, one of those issues being text messaging witch is what i'm looking into right now. This is issues presents a problem because you CAN NOT receive a text message from any carrier other then cricket customers.

Diag Port has been managed to be found on this phone, other things have been done including making a custom IPSW witch includes boot animation's etc.

I have done a lot of work on this iphone and I myself have hit a few snags and have tried to reach out to the dev teams, neither of witch really seem to care about it. So i wouldnt expect much from them..

Thanks

So how have you 'tried to reach out to the Dev Teams'?

I understood that CDMA carriers only provisioned their own phones so the only way was to fake the phones I'd. If this is not the case it might be worth looking at.

I know very little about CDMA 2000, why is text messaging different? Does it work on other phones reprovisioned to Cricket?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    So how have you 'tried to reach out to the Dev Teams'?

I understood that CDMA carriers only provisioned their own phones so the only way was to fake the phones I'd. If this is not the case it might be worth looking at.

I know very little about CDMA 2000, why is text messaging different? Does it work on other phones reprovisioned to Cricket?
    Cricket allows any ESN (essentially useless now) and MEID (the real key) on their network. No cloning necessary (for Cricket at least).

The trick (to my understanding) will be to edit the APNs to Cricket's. Assuming you get the MMSC and such pointed correctly, then I don't see why this wouldn't work. Notice in the video the Network is reported as "Not Available" and the Carrier is "Verizon 9.5" -- change that around with some CommCenter patching and a new "Unknown.bundle" and I bet things will be much smoother.

Unfortunately, Cricket in the USA is like T-Mobile USA--they use 1700 MHz as their primary 3G (EV-DO) broadcast frequency, so interoperability will be limited--3G will probably be limited to roaming... assuming it's there at all.

I'd love to have a CDMA phone to dink with, but I'm rocking the GSM and I'm broke.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I'm on the irc for the dev team, I have tried musclenerd on a few places on irc i was told to. I have tried contacting him via twitter etc. If you have other means to contact them then go for it.

orbyorb,
    You are partially right, 3G will work everywhere cricket has service. Even in triband markets..

I've already patched the Commcenter, Already Made a custom carrier bundle I will post a youtube video of it tonight. Mine shows its on the cricket network. Mine shows cricket in the top left with out the need for the fake carrier.

The only issue we have now is getting the HDRPassword's to write to the phone. I have already got diag mode and verify that it writes the correct USERNAME [email protected], and verify that i can read and write to specific NV's the only issue now is that Apple has dissabled the write 0x27 cmd for the qualcomm chip. Witch by the way according to qualcomm is illegal. THey are not in any shape or form supposed to touch NV's from 0-6000 i believe now.

Forgot to answer this.
    Yes text messaging should work on any reprovisioned phone, its something with the iphone, weather it be on purpose or a bug in the frimware it self.

I know when I use my other iPhone 4 on verizon, i have issues with it getting text messages from other carriers when i'm not on my home network. Meaning roaming but not technically because of the roaming agreement.Its something with the iphone itself.
    Last edited by amoamare; 04-08-2011 at 06:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

people have them flashed on cricket already here in my town, they are all over craigslist

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default myiphone
    I bought a verizon iphone 4 and it was already jailbroken. I called cricket and activated it on my account, did OTA and it works. But like others can't receive sms messages from other carriers other than cricket.When I used to look at info about my iphone under the carrier it used to say verizon 10.0. I've been messing around with programs trying to get SMS working properly. I edited a file com.apple.carrier.plist to try and fix. Overwrote the original and then rebooted. When I went into settings it was not showing anything just froze. So I tried OTA again to see if anything changed.Nope. Rewrote original file back to iphone. Nada. Did OTA again after rewrite of original and got my settings back. Now under carrier it says Verizon(Null), whats up with that? I'm trying to figure out the SMS issue if anyone else can figure it out I could use help. I heard there was problem with bypass apple signature or something. Can you just use iphone configuration utility to solve this problem? here's a link to screenshot of my about iphone.

Free File Hosting Made Simple - MediaFire

I used the console feature in iphone configuration utility to show a log of what i was doing on my iphone. Here's link

The highlighted text is when I was doing an OTA programming, i believe then the rest was when I sent an SMS message to myself and then trying to send MMS message. Hope log helps someone
    Last edited by motley28; 04-19-2011 at 09:19 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by motley28 View Post
    here's a link to screenshot of my about iphone.

The most interesting thing to me is your serial number - I have started a new thread at http://modmyi.com/forums/general-ver...al-number.html

Thanks.

With regards to editing your plist - have you patched your CommCenter? Try http://www.hackint0sh.org/f127/191761.htm
    Not sure if it works with Verizon FW but a good place to start.
    Last edited by confucious; 04-20-2011 at 04:19 AM.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

motley28 (04-20-2011)

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by exNavy View Post
    pytey posted a statement along these lines:

An unlock on a CDMA phone in the United States would require an ESN/MEID from another CDMA phone with an active phone number. This is called cloning and breaks telecom law in the US, specifically the Wireless Telephone Protection Act of 1998
    Hit the nail on the head here.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by UnlockPro View Post
    Hit the nail on the head here.
    That was posted before it was realised that CDMA phones are not locked per se. If the other carrier will register your phone ther is no problem, it was assumed that carriers would not register phones not registered to them so some form of 'spoofing' was required which would have been illegal.

This is not the case.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yep. I believe anyway that the Library of Congress and Copyright Office ruled that it is not illegal to circumvent a phones security as long as there is intention to acquire cell phone service, not to profit from it. Like you couldn't steall a bunch of phones unlock them and sell them on ebay.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12