Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Where do you live? Hows your iPhone 4 service?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Where do you live? Hows your iPhone 4 service?
    • Where do you live?
    • Were you a former iPhone 4 owner who moved to Verizon?
    • How is your service?

This information is pretty important to me, it will decide whether or not i make the move. I don't know a single person who is making the move.

I live in Staten Island, New York - 30 minutes from Brooklyn, 45 minutes from manhattan where you cannot, what so ever get a 3G signal on you iPhone 4. South Staten Island gives me 0-2 bars of 3G, full Edge and North Staten Island gives me fair to full 3G, full Edge.

THANKS!!

so theres not a single person who went from ATT to Verizon..ok
    Last edited by Sticky111; 02-09-2011 at 10:33 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone mahgninnuc93's Avatar
    Thanks

I didn't and won't. A good friend of mine is a systems engineer for Verizon. He said they aren't ready for the jump and there will be alot of unhappy customers. And no calling and surfing at the same time.

I wasn't on IP4, but IP3G w/ATT & have made the switch. Brought me & my son (he's using LG Ally) to my husband's existing vzw account. So far I am extremely pleased. We live in a rural area of s.e. TX, never was possible to talk on our phones. But I can now on vzw talk inside our house on my cell and that's a first. My daughter is watching a Miley Cyrus movie as I'm typing this, sitting right next to me on netflix, on my vip4. I'm super-pleased and really surprised it's doing so well inside our house! No regrets here!

Thanks

A friend of mine who lives in the Bronx is switching. He said AT&T drops too many calls and his friend there that have switched to verizon are very happy with the service. Plus when he comes to his house here in central PA he will have data coverage which ATT does not ( not even edge)
    He has had one of those verizon data hot spot things for a while now and it works really well

And the best part is if he does switch I will get a GSM iPhone 4

Left my iPhone last year for ****** service NYC area. Jumped right back in Thursday and couldn't be happier
    motorola time port>nextel i1000>nextel i90>nextel i95>nextel i860>sidekick 2>palm treo>sidekick 3>motorola slvr>blackberry pearl>iphone>iphome 3g>blackberry storm 2>droid x>iphone4>iphone4s

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

sounds pretty good, thats for replying, id still like to hear more on a new york resident who made the switch

Problem with AT&T in NY and a few other places is they never expected the iPhone to do as well as it did. It was the moat expensive phone, most expensive rate plan, etc., so they figured it would keep everyone from getting it. And they either didn't study network usage enough or thought that since it won't be used wide spread then it wouldn't be a problem.

Problem is the damn thing took off like a rocket. THen they made a 3G version and crippled the data network. Gsm phones use separate channels for voice and data so it's like each person at the dinner table using 2 chairs instead of 1. Adding new tables (cell towers) is a long process.

Bottom line is this, if you know of verizon users in your area and they have good service and coverage, then you probably will also. If you are switching from AT&T, you will lose the talk/surf ability until using an LTE device on vzw and your data WILL be slower, again, until LTE.

Not gonna help you here with NY, I'm in LA.....Lower Alabama....I've got a lot of friends switching from at&t to verizion because their service sucks here. I've been with V for about 2 years (switched from Southern Linc....which really, really, really sucked on service) and have been well satisfied. Don't get me wrong I still drop calls sometimes but I live in a very rural area, far back in the woods, and expect to have some problems with the hills and trees. I'll have 3g with V when my buddies with at&t have no service. Later Whit

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ReggieSmith View Post
    Problem with AT&T in NY and a few other places is they never expected the iPhone to do as well as it did.

Wow. Just... wow

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I'm in Addison Texas. I have no issues. i4 generally between 3-5 Mbs dl 1-1.5 up

there are slow pockets in Dallas 1 2 mbs dl.

Thanks

Singapore

I switched from ATT to verizon iphone.
    I do notice that Verizons call quality in the phx area
    is not as clear as ATT's.
    Not the coverage but the audible quality.

Kenny s>
    Last edited by sharrack; 03-06-2011 at 06:27 PM.

Although I'm no where NY I get great coverage in Vallejo, CA. I actually get compliments from friends bc they can actually hear me now. I don't mind the whole talk and surf issue bc I clearly don't do that anyway.
    Last edited by p3ezi(4); 03-05-2011 at 12:27 PM.