Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MyWi on Verizon?

Default MyWi on Verizon?
    Anyone know if apps like MyWi and unrestrictor 3G will work on the Verizon network or are the Apps specific to AT&T?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

I dont see why they wouldnt work

It does work but the springboard has some kind of error that makes it start up in safe mode after numerous restarts . I pinpointed it to mywi it
    Still works though
    Last edited by Slate55; 02-07-2011 at 09:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

it does work? sweet!

Yeah I noticed that. It keeps putting you in safe mode but it's working just fine. It's a bit annoying though being in safe mode to have it.

same here, works but keeps it in safe mode, hopefully a new version is released soon

Default any mywi update news?
    I am having the same problems as everyone else with the mywi on demand. Also just for reference I am not using the cracked version, on my ipod touch (4.2.1) mywi works just fine but on my verizon iphone (4.2.6) the springboard crashes and stays in loop. I am just trying out the trial and obviously won't be buying it if this keeps up. does anyone know of any updates coming in the near future?

Quote Originally Posted by brichi View Post
    same here, works but keeps it in safe mode, hopefully a new version is released soon
    If you switch from AT&T to Verizon I'm sure they will charge for a "Verizon" version of this.

Fixed (4.51.1 of MyWi fixes mywi)
    Send iPhone System Log: Via any Intelliborn App -> Click Help / FAQs/ Support -> Scroll to bottom and click on red text at bottom.
    MyWi 4.0 - WiFi + USB Tethering on 3.x/4.x/5.x + Simple WiFi Router - Connect Laptops, Touches, + more!
    My3G - Facetime over 3G plus HiDef YouTube and more! Trick your iPhone into thinking it's on WiFi
    IntelliScreenX - iOS 5 Notification Center the way Apple wished it was.
    Tlert - View and Reply to SMS message within any app. Get rid of the ugly default alert messages!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to skeels For This Useful Post:

atlanta braves (02-08-2011), kraziebone (02-09-2011)

thank you!!! Yes, 4.51.1 fixes the issue

I cant wait to get this going. Think Ill wait about another week or so to make sure all the bugs are ironed out

My3G works too! COD:Zombies online play over 3G!!! Wooo!