Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Get your iPhone at launch! Unlimited data for LIMITED time

Default Get your iPhone at launch! Unlimited data for LIMITED time
    Verizon Confirms They’ll Offer $30 Unlimited Data Plan For iPhone Users [Update: But Not For Long!]

Back in June of 2010 (right before the launch of the iPhone 4, no less) AT&T dropped their $30 Unlimited Data plan. Current and would-be iPhone owners were rightly bummed — but given the whole one-carrier situation the iPhone was in back then, there wasn’t much anyone could do. Besides complain, of course. Which we did, of course.

Proving that a little competition is always a good thing, here’s what Verizon COO Lowell McAdams said to the Wall Street Journal today:

“I’m not going to shoot myself in the foot,” he said. Not offering an unlimited plan would put up a barrier for customers who might otherwise switch from AT&T, he said

These customers McAdams is referring to, of course, are the presumably massive group who’ve managed to keep AT&T’s now extinct $30 data plan by simply not changing a thing. Folks who had the $30 plan before could keep it as long as they didn’t opt-in to their new (terrible ripoff) 200 MB/$15 plan, or try to tack on the tethering option.

The plan, according to details McAdams shared with the WSJ, will cost the same $30 AT&T’s did before they changed things up.

Update: Sad trombone. That $30 Unlimited Plan? It won’t last for long. Shortly after he made this statement, Lowell McAdams went on to clarify that the unlimited plan will be a limited-time deal and that Verizon plans to make the jump to tiered data plans sometime after the iPhone launch.
    So if you want unlimited data, you better jump on at launch. I SEVERELY doubt the iPhone LTE will have the unlimited plan and you'll have to get it now if you want to keep it.

Quote Originally Posted by Essenar View Post
    So if you want unlimited data, you better jump on at launch. I SEVERELY doubt the iPhone LTE will have the unlimited plan and you'll have to get it now if you want to keep it.
    Unlimited data right now would be only for 3G data. LTE data will have its own pricing tiers, and your unlimited 3G plan will NOT transfer to LTE.

Verizon Wireless, America’s largest mobile telephone operator, confirmed last week that its “unlimited” bandwidth packages will not be available for the company’s upcoming 4G cellular services.
    Source
    Hear my sporadic ramblings: @liquidzoo on Twitter