+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T-mobile... leave to Verizon? Wait for iPhone 5?

is a discussion within the

General Verizon / Sprint / CDMA iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone on Verizon / Sprint / CDMA

section;
I have 2 iphones on T-mobiles network. Still under contract but willing to pay to go over to Verizon... but should I go right away, or wait til the iPhone
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default T-mobile... leave to Verizon? Wait for iPhone 5?
    I have 2 iphones on T-mobiles network. Still under contract but willing to pay to go over to Verizon... but should I go right away, or wait til the iPhone 5 comes out? When it does, will it be for just AT&T or Verizon too?

Thoughts? Comments?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,865 Times in 2,205 Posts

It will probably be for both carriers i would wait personally
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by coqui258 View Post
    I have 2 iphones on T-mobiles network. Still under contract but willing to pay to go over to Verizon... but should I go right away, or wait til the iPhone 5 comes out? When it does, will it be for just AT&T or Verizon too?

Thoughts? Comments?
    I just posted a thread on how Verizon is going to have unlimited data for the iPhone but only for a limited time.

If you want unlimited data, you'd better make the jump as soon as it drops or you'll fall victim to their undetermined date tier data systems. ($30 for 2gb or something of that nature)

My opinion? You could easily make back the money your T-Mobile accounts are worth. The thing is, if you have iPhones, why are you on a contract? Even More + plans give you more features for your money and it's not like a T-Mobile carrier subsidized you for the iPhones anyway.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I upgraded 1 phone on the line and ended up selling it to buy an iphone for my wife, and we also called to complain about pricing so we got a cheaper rate, but it tacked on 2 years on our contract. I'm not going to AT&T, so T-mobile was ideal... but now that Verizon has the iphone, that changes everything! I can sell both our phones and make up the price of canceling our account, so that's not a big deal. I just don't want to get the 4 and then the 5 comes out a few months later!

Green Apple
    Thanks

The 5 will come out this June/July. I'm pretty sure we all know that.

Despite what some of my friends believe, there is no way that Apple is abandoning GSM (and by extension AT&T here in the US). It's used too widely across the world. It is very likely that the next iPhone will have the new Qualcomm chipset that has both CDMA and GSM processors on a single chip.

My opinion: Unless you absolutely need an iPhone 4 (or unlimited data) right now, wait. If for no other reason than the fact that the iPhone 4 will go down in price when the iPhone 5 comes out this summer. You will be able to choose between the 2 largest carriers in the US, and competition is definitely a good thing for the consumer.
    Hear my sporadic ramblings: @liquidzoo on Twitter