+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Rate plans

is a discussion within the

General Verizon / Sprint / CDMA iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone on Verizon / Sprint / CDMA

section;
Are they going to offer it with unlimited data?
    Livin the iPhone Life Bluemoldycheeze88's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Rate plans
    Are they going to offer it with unlimited data?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,865 Times in 2,205 Posts

That is what it looks like for $30 a month i believe
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

Livin the iPhone Life Bluemoldycheeze88's Avatar
    Thanks

If they do offer it with unlimited data I might buy one.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,865 Times in 2,205 Posts

Lol cool i am a die hard att fanboy but i would like a verizon ip4 just for my massive collection.
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

Green Apple
    Thanks

The fact that they've been so tight-lipped about plan costs, especially 2 weeks before pre-orders start (for existing customers) and 3 weeks before it officially goes on sale makes me skeptical about them offering unlimited data with it.

They've been wanting to move away from unlimited data for almost a year now.
    Hear my sporadic ramblings: @liquidzoo on Twitter

Green Apple
    Thanks

I would imagine they're just protecting themselves from potential backlash if they do have to change the rate plans. I would imagine >$30 for unlimited more than I would imagine $30 for limited (2gb-5gb) data. And I see them offering more than 2gb if they do limit it, just to steer people away from using an unofficial tethering application and loading tons of data off their phone to their laptops.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DRFP View Post
    news from this week was that Carrier's were raising rates now, so it would be no surprise that Verizon will charge more.

Also I bet they blame it on Iphone cost...........LOL
    I see this happening too

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

The 5GB cap was something that most people who cared to look deeper into it already knew about. At least I already knew about it. At least theyre giving 5GB for $30 rather than AT&T giving 2GB for $25.

iPhone? More like MyPhone lanulos's Avatar
    Thanks

I am a longtime Verizon Wireless customer, and this morning I ordered a VZ iPhone4 for my daughter. It requires a minimum of a $29.99 unlimited data plan, or $44.99 for a "corporate" data plan (whatever that is). But at the bottom of the page it says:

My daughter has the $15 150MB plan on her current Alias2; apparently they will let us keep that if I call.
    Last edited by lanulos; 02-03-2011 at 12:15 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lanulos View Post
    I am a longtime Verizon Wireless customer, and this morning I ordered a VZ iPhone4 for my daughter. It requires a minimum of a $29.99 unlimited data plan, or $44.99 for a "corporate" data plan (whatever that is). But at the bottom of the page it says:

My daughter has the $15 150MB plan on her current Alias2; apparently they will let us keep that if I call.
    Even if they do, It's very likely that she will burn that up within 2 weeks. Unless of course she does nothing but check email and barley browse some web pages.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PapaJohnX View Post
    Even if they do, It's very likely that she will burn that up within 2 weeks. Unless of course she does nothing but check email and barley browse some web pages.
    +1. heavier data users will use 150MB quick. I use that in 3-4 days but I'm a pretty heavy data user. 150MB is for people who very rarely use it, like they'll use it to google something up real quick or like you said, send/receive a few emails now and then.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PapaJohnX View Post
    Perhaps she will change her habits, but she's had zero data use on the Alias2, even though the 150MB data plan is required. She does need the $20 texting plan. She rarely surfs on her iPod Touch 3; mainly uses music and videos she syncs from her Mac, and plays a few games. We will see.

Thanks

That scanned paragraph from the feature selection which I posted above in post #14 on the previous page, about being able to keep an existing data plan such as 150MB/$15/mo., is not being honored by Verizon. I talked to a representative and a supervisor, and they would not let me downgrade from the unlimited plan. Besides, they discontinued the 150MB/$15/mo. plan on Jan 30th, I think they said, and replaced it with a 75MB/$10/mo. plan, which I also could not switch to. So I'm stuck with $29.99 a month no matter how little she uses.