Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New Verizon Customer Question

Default New Verizon Customer Question
    so I have an iPhone 4 unlocked on tmobile and my contract with them ended A few weeks ago. I'm looking to go to Verizon and get the iPhone. my father is an existing Verizon customer and So is my mom. so would they be able to preorder me an iPhone on feb 3 as existing customers? or can I switch now, but a cheap phone, and switch it for a Verizon iPhone while still preordering on the 3rd as a Verizon customer?

if not, is it possible to go to a Verizon store on feb 10 and become a customer there AND purchase/activate my iPhone. would I get the discounted price of 199 as a new customer?

sorry for so many questions, very confused as little detail was given

If you become a customer before Feb. 3 then you should be able to preorder. I'm not positive on their policy though

if you become customer before feb 3rd you couldnt get iphone at 199 bc youd alreayd have 2 yr contract
    best bet is wait till feb 10 and get on line to buy very very very early!

Yea u can't pre order early unless your folks are due for an upgrade
    Best bet is to just wait like me ( I have T-Mobile iPhone 3GS jailbroken ) Until Feb 10th. Although I'm hesitant to wait until a jailbreak becomes available

Most of your questions IMO will be answered within a week or two. They did say in the keynote that VZW employees will start getting trained this weekend.

thanks for all your answers. i'll wait and see if any of those questions get answered by apple or VZW.

but does anybody think if I get to a verizon store early on the morning of feb 10 (or whatever time they open), i can tell them i want to switch to verizon, become a customer right there and then, and get the iphone at 199 as a new customer?

As a new customer on the 10th you should be able to get a 16GB iPhone on a 2-year contract independently of how early you get to the store (assuming the store has adequate supply).

Banned
    Thanks

Best bet is to call apple...not verizon because as a former verizon employee i will tell you they have already been trained to just hit the transfer keys and send you to apple anyway. So you may as well call apple directly and ask

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

If you go to your Verizon store on the morning of, just make your own account when you get your iPhone. You'll get the discounted price. End of story.