+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: URGENT! Won't wake from Sleep!

is a discussion within the

General OSX86 Discussion

forums, a part of the

OS X 86

section;
I really need this fixed ASAP, as I have my Year 10 Formal video on my hackint0sh install, and I need it working! Important details: Toshiba Satellite A200, PSA-F3A 2GB
    Thanks

Exclamation URGENT! Won't wake from Sleep!
    I really need this fixed ASAP, as I have my Year 10 Formal video on my hackint0sh install, and I need it working!

Important details:

Toshiba Satellite A200, PSA-F3A
    2GB DDR2 RAM
    Intel Core 2 Duo, @1.67 GHz @ each core
    NVIDIA GeForce Go 7300 (no problems there, which is great)
    Intel Integrated Chipsets. Intel PROSet Wireless, 3945 a/b/g WiFi Card (installed Voodoo kext for this. Working.)
    Running MacOSX 10.6.5, Retail. Upgraded from 10.6.3 using downloaded Combo Update.

I installed this kext: SleepEnabler.kext - Downloads - Kexts.com

And when I clicked Sleep, it went into Sleep, as expected. But now it does not respond to ANYTHING AT ALL.

The only way I could get a response is to hold down the power button until it turned off. When I boot again, it just goes back into the same 'dead' state. The DVD drive functions; i.e. opens when I press the button, but apart from that it does nothing.

If anyone could help in any way, this would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Thanks

what do you see when it goes to sleep? screen? specifics would be good considering it will help me diagnose your problem

3. The Following User Says Thank You to psilocybin For This Useful Post:

Kamikengen (12-02-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by psilocybin View Post
    what do you see when it goes to sleep? screen? specifics would be good considering it will help me diagnose your problem
    Thankyou for replying!

I saw the usual sleep pattern - a blank screen, and everything not responding. Except my computer's fan still runs, and my DVD drive responds, and reads discs when I insert them.

Nothing special that I saw springs to mind.

Thanks

Did you run pfix after you installed the new .kexts? If not what you can do is boot using your USB Drive and when the installation comes up, Open the Terminal under utilities on the menu bar. Once open run Pfix. I hope this helps.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to 13mx For This Useful Post:

Kamikengen (12-02-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 13mx View Post
    Did you run pfix after you installed the new .kexts? If not what you can do is boot using your USB Drive and when the installation comes up, Open the Terminal under utilities on the menu bar. Once open run Pfix. I hope this helps.
    No, I didn't. Is that fixing permissions, by any chance? In that case, no I didn't. I haven't had to do it before, so it didn't occur to me to do so.

Hah, that's the trouble. I don't even get to my BIOS screen. It's sleeping a little TOO well. At first I feared for my BIOS' existence, but then I remembered my laptop would have a beeping fit. Not to mention my DVD drive still functions.

Thanks

so even when you hold the power button to shutoff the laptop, and you turn it on you can't hit esc or F8(which ever one your computer uses) to change the boot order.

Yeah when ever you mess with the kext files you have to run pfix. If you can figure out how to get to the terminal and run it, I think it will solve your problem

9. The Following User Says Thank You to 13mx For This Useful Post:

Kamikengen (12-04-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 13mx View Post
    so even when you hold the power button to shutoff the laptop, and you turn it on you can't hit esc or F8(which ever one your computer uses) to change the boot order.

Yeah when ever you mess with the kext files you have to run pfix. If you can figure out how to get to the terminal and run it, I think it will solve your problem
    Yeah, that's what happened.

My Dad's fixed it now! He stripped the machine back to the chassis, rewired a few parts and he managed to get it running again.

Nothing I nor my Dad did made the laptop respond.

Anyway, if a moderator would close this thread, it would be appreciated.