Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: weird download problem with safari

Default weird download problem with safari
    hey guys
    so ive read a **** load up on this, thinking maybe my seatbelt.kext wasnt compatibile with my kernel. I still don't think it is, im tripping cuz i cant change my kernel from the 9.2.0 ToH to qoopz 9.8.0v2..i cant honestly say ive tried everything, but i have tried everything except manually programming the whole boot list and kernel altogether in terminal. osx86tools' install kernel doesnt work, just reboots same kernel everything. ive tried manually replacing the kernel, and tried editing the Boot.plist without any knowledge of what im doing and had to restore my old Boot.plist...anyways i've given up on that. my problem is i can seem to run .dmg's that i download as torrents, but everytime i download a .dmg from safari it freezes up...doesnt give me a "hold to restart your computer" it just freezes. have to hard restart. was the torrent a lucky try or is it a safari problem? and does anybody know how to fix it?

I haven't OFFICIALY fixed it, but I've found a workaround.

SOLUTIONS:

SOLUTION 1: YOU CAN EITHER DOWNLOAD THE FILE VIA ANOTHER COMPUTER (BE IT MAC OR WINDOWS) AND PUT IT ON A USB DISK OR ACCESS IT THROUGH THE NETWORK -- UP TO YOU

SOLUTION 2. YOU CAN DOWNLOAD ROXIO TOAST AND INSTALL "TOAST IT AND MOUNT IT" WHEN IT ASKS YOU ON YOUR FIRST LAUNCH OF THE PROGRAM. WHEN YOU DOWNLOAD THE PROGRAM VIA SAFARI (MAKE SURE AUTO-MOUNT IS NOT NOT NOT ENABLED) LOCATE IT IN FINDER RIGHT-CLICK >> MORE >> MOUNT IT -- IT WORKS I DIDN'T GET KERNEL PANIC TRIED IT WITH 5 DIFFERENT APPS!

HOPE THIS HELPS AT LEAST ONE MORE PERSON OTHER THAN ME!
    Last edited by kingbijan; 03-31-2010 at 01:25 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost