+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: mac problem with flashdrive

is a discussion within the

General OSX86 Discussion

forums, a part of the

OS X 86

section;
i have a hackintoch 10.5.7 kalyway and every time i plug a flash the mac does nothing and i have to restart my computer to make it read the flash
    Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default mac problem with flashdrive
    i have a hackintoch 10.5.7 kalyway and every time i plug a flash the mac does nothing and i have to restart my computer to make it read the flash that' sextremly annoying as i have to plug all my usbs even the mouse. the question is , does mac have a special compatible flash drives that it can read instantly or is it a hackintoch problem (needs a kext or sth else). thx

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I have wondered about this myself. I have a Toshiba laptop that I hackintoshed with 10.5.5 (I think, can't remember off the top pf my head) and if I want to use anything USB, it has to be plugged in before booting. But I have a HP Mini 110 that I hackintoshed with 10.5.6, and I can hot swap USB peripherals all day long with no issues. I have my HP DV7 that is dual booted with Windows 7 & OSX 10.5.7, and I think it allows me to hot swap USB devices too, but I'm not sure (haven't booted into OSX in a while). I was thinking it was just the particular computer, motherboard & USB controller combo, but I never took the time to really investigate.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I have used a Kalyway 10.5.2 and the USB worked fine. This really sounds like a hackintosh issue.