Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Is Hackintosh Illegal?

Isn't it like 1PM in texas? Little early to go to bed isn't it?

Learn what simile is then you might under stand why I said caterpillars.

Lets say apple produced a block of ice (OSX), another supplier bought a bunch of ice from apple. The supplier then decided to melt the ice. The ice is no longer ice but it is a new product called water (Hackintosh). The supplier then chose to give away water at the local park. Even though the ice and water are chemically the same they are both a different product. The supplier gave permission for the water to be distributed. Therefor the interaction between the consumer and the supplier does not put the consumer at fault.

Thanks

Quit responding to old threads! Do you want me to go berserk?!
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

@zim_from_IPH

You're correct, and that's the reason why the "derivative works" right exists. It prevents people from making a trivial change to something and redistributing it claiming it to be a new work.

Quote Originally Posted by cypherpunk View Post
    @zim_from_IPH

You're correct, and that's the reason why the "derivative works" right exists. It prevents people from making a trivial change to something and redistributing it claiming it to be a new work.
    I think part of the reason they were not understanding my reasoning was because of my low post count....

Using the OSX86 disc and installing it isn't illegal but the second you download the iso then you're breaking the law, as you can only download the iso from torrent sites. So overall, Yes

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

There isn't a digital download of OSX available from Apple? It's 2010 already.

@viper29744 since when are torrents illegal

My iPhone is a Part of Me Rob2G's Avatar
    Thanks

Hackintosh is not illegal If you OWN the copy of os x your installing.
    [SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Imahottguy View Post
    Again, Agreement != law. Sorry. Are you violating an agreement? Yes, but are you breaking the law? No. those are two separate things. So is it illegal to install OSX on a PC? NO it isn't.
    This is True! I Have Been Searching and Searching and FINALLY Found a GREAT Answer!

Quote Originally Posted by zim_from_IPH View Post
    Isn't it like 1PM in texas? Little early to go to bed isn't it?

Learn what simile is then you might under stand why I said caterpillars.

Lets say apple produced a block of ice (OSX), another supplier bought a bunch of ice from apple. The supplier then decided to melt the ice. The ice is no longer ice but it is a new product called water (Hackintosh). The supplier then chose to give away water at the local park. Even though the ice and water are chemically the same they are both a different product. The supplier gave permission for the water to be distributed. Therefor the interaction between the consumer and the supplier does not put the consumer at fault.
    I HAVE FOUND MY ANSWER TO THE HACKINT0SH!!!! iDeneb HERE I FREAKING COME!
    Last edited by Johnny Awesome; 06-21-2011 at 08:40 AM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234