Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Is Hackintosh Illegal?

Quote Originally Posted by Imahottguy View Post
    Again, Agreement != law. Sorry. Are you violating an agreement? Yes, but are you breaking the law? No. those are two separate things. So is it illegal to install OSX on a PC? NO it isn't.
    this is exactly what I was going to say. Just don't try to sell it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pacmac View Post
    dont be cheap buy a mac
    I have a brand new MacBook Pro. I just like playing with computers and strecthing their limitations. I also have an 2 iPhone 4's for me and my spouse. I love apple. And love to play. Does this make me "cheap"

For all those saying its LAW - 1 simple question which is still un-answered.

Jailbreaking ah iPhone has been confirmed as NOT illegal. How can this be as you are breaking the EULA?

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rob_Quads View Post
    For all those saying its LAW - 1 simple question which is still un-answered.

Jailbreaking ah iPhone has been confirmed as NOT illegal. How can this be as you are breaking the EULA?
    First, Jailbreaking IS LEGAL, it became Legal this year
    Second, of course Hackintosh is illegal it even has the word Hack in it,

I believe it should be legal because you can legally buy the OS and mod it so it works, I myself have never used it

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shanejoe View Post
    First, Jailbreaking IS LEGAL, it became Legal this year
    Second, of course Hackintosh is illegal it even has the word Hack in it,

I believe it should be legal because you can legally buy the OS and mod it so it works, I myself have never used it
    Hackintosh is NOT ILLEGAL! It only violates the user agreement and possibly your warranty. User agreement is not law.

And why are people responding to old threads?!
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

Thanks

I don't know lol it's sad that they don't check the date first, in my defense I responded after the first guy bumped it

Meh, might as well add my two cents now.

Installing OSX on non-Apple hardware is considered a violation of the EULA, and EULAs ARE (as a concept) enforceable by law. However, that doesn't mean that the clause of the EULA that states that is itself enforceable - many parts of EULAs have been struck down as unfair conditions. In this case, it's likely that a court would rule that manufacturer cannot dictate the environment in which a customer may use their product.

Yes,its illegal.
    Apple’s business model is based on hardware, not software sales.
    The basic principle of copyright is that the people who create something have rights to control it’s profit. EULA’s are contracts designed to clarify and control the use of a particular item. This isn’t new, music has had this for ages--purchasing a record, tape or cd has never conveyed to the purchaser any rights other than to listen to the music. Apple is making the same demand for it’s OS.

Thanks
    mod edit/links removed.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by john orton View Post
    Yes,its illegal.
    The basic principle of copyright is that the people who create something have rights to control it’s profit. EULA’s are contracts designed to clarify and control the use of a particular item. This isn’t new, music has had this for ages--purchasing a record, tape or cd has never conveyed to the purchaser any rights other than to listen to the music. Apple is making the same demand for it’s OS.

Thanks
    This idea is idiotic, from this thinking you would also believe that jailbreaking is illegal because apple should be aloud to control your iPhone

If you bought the product you should be able to do what ever the heck you want with the product just like any product in today's society, people even go as far as to buy Windows 7 for there Mac running Parallels or VM Ware

Windows doesn't care what you do with there product a's long a's they make money, the problem is that yeah you can buy the OS from apple but your not buying the $1000-$2500 Computer Along with it thus a loss of a new customer/sale, most likely that's the reason why apple fights it

Quote Originally Posted by john orton View Post
    Yes,its illegal.

Thanks
    In principle you're right, but in practice many sections of contracts have been struck down by courts in the past. There was never any doubt, for example, that the iOS EULA would not but upheld by a court.

I see no reason why it should be illegal. You are not pirating software. You are downloading a disk image file someone made. You are not agreeing to any agreement. So what is wrong with anything. The only person that i see could be possibly in any legal trouble would be the creator of the image

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zim_from_IPH View Post
    I see no reason why it should be illegal. You are not pirating software. You are downloading a disk image file someone made. You are not agreeing to any agreement. So what is wrong with anything. The only person that i see could be possibly in any legal trouble would be the creator of the image
    Okay downloading a copy of the OS that someone tweaked is still pirating and against the law idiot

Okay downloading a copy of the OS that someone tweaked is still pirating and against the law idiot
    Think of it this way before a rock hardens it is not a rock it is magma. It may be similarly structured but it is not the same thing. And don't call me an idiot.

Thanks

And don't call me an idiot.
    O my gosh that made me laugh hard no offense but most ppl would just take it like a man so this in itself tells me I'm dealing with someone under 20 who needs to learn and read what pirating actually is

Pirating is pirating don't try to ignore the truth, to ignore that it's Pirating the software to use a tweak of it

To make a point Piratebay.com is called pirate for this very reason it's sharing uploading downloading of illegal stuff, now I'm like most ppl I'll use the site to get a movie because I also have netflix in the mail and I don't like waiting, so I'm kinda paying for it lol bloody pirates! At least I pay for it but I do keep it lol

@shanejoe

piracy |ˈpīrəsē|
    noun
    the practice of attacking and robbing ships at sea.
    • a similar practice in other contexts, esp. hijacking : air piracy.
    • the unauthorized use or reproduction of another's work : software piracy.
    ORIGIN mid 16th cent.: via medieval Latin from Greek pirateia, from peiratēs (see pirate ).
    modification |ˌmädəfəˈkā sh ən|
    noun
    the action of modifying something : the parts supplied should fit with little or no modification.
    • a change made : there will be a number of modifications to the engines.
    ORIGIN late 15th cent. (in Scots law, denoting the assessment of a payment): from French, or from Latin modificatio(n-), from modificare (see modify ).
    Caterpillars stop being caterpillars after they start a process called metamorphosis
    metamorphosis |ˌmetəˈmôrfəsəs|
    noun ( pl. -phoses |-fəˌsēz|) Zoology
    (in an insect or amphibian) the process of transformation from an immature form to an adult form in two or more distinct stages.
    • a change of the form or nature of a thing or person into a completely different one, by natural or supernatural means : his metamorphosis from presidential candidate to talk-show host.
    ORIGIN late Middle English : via Latin from Greek metamorphōsis, from metamorphoun ‘transform, change shape.’
    Also here is the dictionary definition of change
    change | ch ānj|
    verb
    1 make or become different : [ trans. ] a proposal to change the law | [ intrans. ] a Virginia creeper just beginning to change from green to gold.
    • make or become a different substance entirely; transform : [ trans. ] filters change the ammonia into nitrate [ intrans. ] computer graphics can show cars changing into cheetahs.
    • [ intrans. ] alter in terms of : the ferns began to change shape.
    • [ intrans. ] (of traffic lights) move from one color of signal to another.
    • (of a boy's voice) become deeper with the onset of puberty.
    • [ intrans. ] (of the moon) arrive at a fresh phase; become new.
    2 [ trans. ] take or use another instead of : she decided to change her name.
    • move from one to another : she changed jobs incessantly | change sides.
    • exchange; trade : the sun and moon changed places.
    • [ intrans. ] move to a different train, airplane, or subway line.
    • give up (something) in exchange for something else : we changed the shades for vertical blinds.
    • remove (something dirty or faulty) and replace it with another of the same kind : change a light bulb.
    • put a clean diaper on (a baby or young child).
    • engage a different gear in a motor vehicle : [ trans. ] wait for a gap and then change gears | figurative with business concluded, the convention changes gear and a gigantic circus takes over the town.
    • exchange (a sum of money) for the same amount in smaller denominations or in coins, or for different currency.
    • [ intrans. ] put different clothes on : he changed for dinner.
    noun
    1 the act or instance of making or becoming different : the change from a nomadic to an agricultural society | environmental change.
    • the substitution of one thing for another : a change of venue.
    • an alteration or modification : a change came over Eddie's face.
    • a new or refreshingly different experience : couscous makes an interesting change from rice.
    • [in sing. ] a clean garment or garments as a replacement for clothes one is wearing : a change of socks.
    • ( the change or the change of life) informal menopause.
    • the moon's arrival at a fresh phase, typically at the new moon.
    • Baseball another term for change-up .
    2 coins as opposed to paper currency : a handful of loose change.
    • money given in exchange for the same amount in larger denominations.
    • money returned to someone as the balance of the amount paid for something : I watched him pocket the change.
    3 (usu. changes) an order in which a peal of bells can be rung.
    4 ( Change or 'Change) Brit., historical a place where merchants met to do business.
    PHRASES
    change color blanch or flush.
    change hands (of a business or building) pass to a different owner. • (of money or a marketable commodity) pass to another person during a business transaction : no money has changed hands.
    change one's mind adopt a different opinion or plan.
    change off take turns.
    a change of heart a move to a different opinion or attitude.
    change step (in marching) alter one's step so that the opposite leg marks time.
    change the subject begin talking about something different, esp. to avoid embarrassment or the divulgence of confidences.
    change one's tune 1 express a different opinion or behave in a different way. 2 change one's style of language or manner, esp. from an insolent to a respectful tone.
    for a change contrary to how things usually happen; for variety : it's nice to be pampered for a change.
    ring the changes vary the ways of expressing, arranging, or doing something. [ORIGIN: with allusion to bell-ringing and the different orders in which a peal of bells may be rung.]
    PHRASAL VERBS
    change over move from one system or situation to another : crop farmers have to change over to dairy farming.
    DERIVATIVES
    changeful |ˈ ch ānjfəl| adjective
    ORIGIN Middle English : from Old French change (noun), changer (verb), from late Latin cambiare, from Latin cambire ‘barter,’ probably of Celtic origin.

The person modifying or changing the operating system could be at fault but in fact you are downloading an entirely new OS that you have been authorized by the creator of it to use.

Thanks

Stop spamming

and ps it's still technically a caterpillar we use a different word butterfly because if we didn't ppl would think were talking about a caterpillar and not and older butterfly

The same is true with humans, child, Teen, Adult, were still the sane person

Though I don't see how you got from piracy to caterpillars and huge quotes that are mostly opinion and I'm no one is going to read thus spamming

Those quotes are from a book called a dictionary it tells the meaning of word

Thanks

Those quotes are from a book called a dictionary it tells the meaning of word
    Well no one cares cause it doesnt pertain to this thread, stop bringing useless data to the table when caterpillars and Pirating have NOTHING to do with each other and to think that they do is ironically retarded yes take that as an insult and leave it at that

Well no one cares cause it doesnt pertain to this thread, stop bringing useless data to the table when caterpillars and Pirating have NOTHING to do with each other and to think that they do is ironically retarded yes take that as an insult and leave it at that
    Can you brain not handle a simple simile. Your calling me retarded when you can't compare to things. All that information does pertain to this thread and you know what you would know that if you could read big words. Go back home and get your mommy to help you read those big kid words

Thanks

I'm not giving up on this rant I'm just going to sleep, ps I'm now 23 I don't live with my mommy like you

if I actually cared what the dictionary says I have a life and I don't think you can pirate caterpillars or caterpillar pirate unless you have a slow connection lol so please don't compare 2 unlike things

If they were related a senior or general member would had said no but since they have nothing in common your still an idiot(yes I said that to piss you off idiot)

if your still hung up on this give me a sentence/scenario that would involve these two unlike things then please leave this post to ppl who actually know stuff and don't post 20 things before ranting useless info, I've been a member longer and 435 posts later I'm still kicking

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast