Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 84 mb left?

Default 84 mb left?
    i have the 4gb iphone with the installer.app
    when i click on it it showes me the menu (install update uninstall etc..)
    at the bottom it says only 84mb left thought it was a 4gig phone. I have no media on the phone at all so i dont understand why its only 84mb left
    Ideas?

I am having the same problem. I have over a gig left of empty space on my iphone, and before when I had 1.0.2 I have about 100mb on installer, now I only have about 10mb. Must have been something when I jailbreaked and upgraded to 1.1.1

I have v 1.0.2 I'm reluctant to upgrading
    to 1.1.1 LOL
    I connected to my phone using shftp over wifi and deleted themes and just crap that were installed with the installer and it still shows 84 mb oh when I got my phone and went to the installer it was showing 104.04 mb

Livin the iPhone Life aziatiklover's Avatar
    Thanks

wow 1.1.1 takes that much? because I'm fine with my 8gb
     Think Different

i have an 8gb and i upgraded and jail broke and my iphone says it only has a capacity of 300mb. and 200 something of those 300 are taken up by the firmware.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xc00lxkidx View Post
    i have an 8gb and i upgraded and jail broke and my iphone says it only has a capacity of 300mb. and 200 something of those 300 are taken up by the firmware.
    thats a lot huh
     Think Different

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by crazyglue71 View Post
    i have the 4gb iphone with the installer.app
    when i click on it it showes me the menu (install update uninstall etc..)
    at the bottom it says only 84mb left thought it was a 4gig phone. I have no media on the phone at all so i dont understand why its only 84mb left
    Ideas?
    Don't get confused between the storage space and the file system. The iPhone has 128MB of user accessible space for its operating system. Every time you install a new app, it takes away from that 128MB.

Your Music, Videos, Pics, etc are what use up the remaining Gigs of storage.

That mb that it shows relates to a set amount of space set aside for apps and stuff and has nothing to do with overall available storage space.
    8gb iPhone - Gray zCover case

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    Don't get confused between the storage space and the file system. The iPhone has 128MB of user accessible space for its operating system. Every time you install a new app, it takes away from that 128MB.

Your Music, Videos, Pics, etc are what use up the remaining Gigs of storage.
    haha I see now
     Think Different

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lookatthemonkeys View Post
    I am having the same problem. I have over a gig left of empty space on my iphone, and before when I had 1.0.2 I have about 100mb on installer, now I only have about 10mb. Must have been something when I jailbreaked and upgraded to 1.1.1
    read the wiki... http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/Dev..._1.1.1_Windows

step 4

read the wiki... http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/Dev..._1.1.1_Windows

step 4

Livin the iPhone Life iphonejeff's Avatar
    Thanks

do the last part:
    http://www.modmyi.com/wiki/index.php..._1.1.1_Windows
    mod edit, old signature removed

Check around, if you're phone isn't showing it's full 8gb you didn't follow the tutorial right. There are talks about this ALL OVER these forums for example here: http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9665

Quote Originally Posted by iphonejeff View Post
    Wow, classic example of why people get sooooo pissed when users just jump on a forum and ask a question. This has been answered in depth tons of times and you just got 3 people to send you links to solve your problem... guess how I found the one I sent... I SEARCHED.

Sorry for the rant, I need to sign off these forums for a while it's frustrating to try to help only to have people not read your stuff.
    Last edited by TheYoshi; 10-13-2007 at 05:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost