+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Restoring 1.0.2

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I can't seem to figure out how to restore my iPhone with 1.0.2 firmware on it with out having to upgrade to 1.1.1. I'm not ready to upgrade yet (I
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Restoring 1.0.2
    I can't seem to figure out how to restore my iPhone with 1.0.2 firmware on it with out having to upgrade to 1.1.1. I'm not ready to upgrade yet (I unlocked my phone). So basically I want to go from 1.0.2 and just restore to the same 1.0.2. I'm doing this because a day after unlocking my phone for T-Mobile use, it no longer allows me to place calls. Any ideas on how to unlock it? iTunes always asks me to update. I downloaded the 1.0.2 firmware and did the option click on restore with my iPhone in recovery mode but it still says it will restore and update to 1.1.1.

iPhone? More like MyPhone antiflash's Avatar
    Thanks

are you in windows or OS X? the guides are a great place to start...they exist for both Operating Systems...check out their links at the top
    Black 16GB 3G iPhone w/bestskinever
    Q6600, 3GB RAM, Vista Ultimate Desktop Box
    2 Hands, 10 Fingers, etc
    Temporary Eee PC Portable

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by antiflash View Post
    are you in windows or OS X? the guides are a great place to start...they exist for both Operating Systems...check out their links at the top
    I use OS X, I haven't yet found any guide for restoring 1.0.2 sucessfully. I tried the whole thing with entering recovering mode and the option + click but it still asks me to update my software when I hit restore. (this is basically the first part of the downgrade guide) Btw, I have iTunes 7.4.2 (4)

Anyone?
    Last edited by salilsundresh; 10-13-2007 at 05:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,271 Times in 652 Posts

read the guide again. looks like your eyes were closed the first time
    http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/Dow...1_to_1.0.2_OSX

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I got stuck on step 3. When selecting the 1.0.2 firmware restore file it wants me to update to 1.1.1
    Here's a video screen capture just incase I'm missing something:
    http://salsunproductions.com/misc/iphone_restore102.mov

Well, I finally fixed it. I just re-downloaded the 1.0.2 restore file and BINGO!
    Last edited by salilsundresh; 10-14-2007 at 11:34 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

if I do have an (anysim) unlocked 1.0.2 running 3.14 baseband and want to restore that to out of the box state (which in addition should be safe to update to 1.1.1 once the unlock tool for that is available) is the 18th step of http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/Dow...1_to_1.0.2_OSX enough for me to do?

I thought so, because it all boils down to having a anysim unlocked 1.0.2 running 3.14 baseband, which is basically an old 1.0.2 phone after running anysim.

so?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Alright I figured it out, apparently it was something wrong with my restore file. I downloaded the 1.0.2 restore file from another source and now it works great!