Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.0.2 Or 1.1.1

Default 1.0.2 Or 1.1.1
    So with all this new news I just cant keep up. Someone help me. I have a 1.0.2 that was unlocked using iunlock. I want the 1.1.1 firmware. Can I upgrade without getting bricked and still have all my apps running?

Thanks

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I believe so... Look in the News section, or Modding in Windows/OSX sections. Look for Free Unlock 1.1.1 or something similar. I think you need to do stuff to your baseband and stuff.... Good luck!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shagster40 View Post
    So with all this new news I just cant keep up. Someone help me. I have a 1.0.2 that was unlocked using iunlock. I want the 1.1.1 firmware. Can I upgrade without getting bricked and still have all my apps running?

Thanks
    I think if you need to ask that question you should probably hold off trying to upgrade

I agree that it would be better to wait a little until there is more experience and an easier way to do this. It's just not worth the risk at this stage. In another week or so, there will be a more user-friendly method. Just hang in there...

Hey thanks for all your reply's. Yeah thats what I think is best. My phone is working great on 1.0.2 so I think I will just chill for a while.

Thanks again guys

If you enjoy using your phone as it is and don't feel confident in your ability to upgrade it with the current method then you probably shouldn't. I'm not implying that you are incapable or anything but the windows guide for jailbreaking 1.1.1 is somewhat flawed and may not give you the results that you're looking for.

I'm not sure about the unlock method though I know there is one (It's on the front page, top story at this time). I'm sure it's worked but I have no need to attempt it.

You will be able to re-downloaded your apps if you do plan on upgrading to 1.1.1, you'll just have to reinstall them all again. Most of them work, I haven't run into any apps crashing as of yet.

Green Apple
    Thanks

i think im going to stick with 1.0.2 until the natives apps are updated for the 1.1.1 firmware

1.1.1 is the way to go now.

I would really want to upgrade to 1.1.1 just to have the latest firm but my phone is unlocked using iunlock and I have all my apps installed. I don't want to brick my phone.