+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Update Question

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Ok, hello all and thank you in advance for any answers you can provide. There is so much info on the new updates I thought it might be best to
    Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default Update Question
    Ok, hello all and thank you in advance for any answers you can provide. There is so much info on the new updates I thought it might be best to lsit my questions and hopefully someone can help me. Ok, first here is what I have.

8bg Iphone that has been jailbroken and has 1.0.2 firmware on it.
    Tmobile is my carrier. Everything works great.

I am curious if I can upgrade to the latest itunes yet (7.4.3) without being bricked or losing any of my iphone capibilities. I am using a older version right now.

I also want to upgrade to the new firmware 1.1.1 when it is fully tested and not worry about bricking my phone. i have seen all these reports that it is finally broken 1.1.1 but i am still not sure if i am suppose to upgrade yet and what I have to my phone? Do I upgrade from 1.0.2 to 1.1.1 and thru what program or do I have to factory reset everything and lose all my apps? Please help me, thanks!

Gary

iPhone? More like MyPhone chancre_scolex's Avatar
    Thanks

Unless you add your ringtones on through an itunes hack, you should be able to update to the latest version of itunes without any loss of functionality. Updating to 1.1.1 is another story.

Right now jailbreaking 1.1.1 requires a lot of terminal interaction, so if youre not comfortable with terminal, wait for an app to be realeased. Im also not sure if there is an unlock method for 1.1.1 yet. I beleive there is, but youll have to check for yourself.
    I've got two states of mind, stoned and asleep

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Thanks for the reply, so what your saying is its ok to upgrade to latest Itunes with 1.0.2, but hold off till there is a official 1.1.1 single click app for upgrading from 1.0.2 to 1.1.1 which is probably on the horizon?