+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I'm stumped!

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
"I have installer on my iPhone, and realized all of my custom ringtones had stopped working. I still have version 1.02 and i realized it wasn't just my ringtones. Even
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default I'm stumped!
    "I have installer on my iPhone, and realized all of my custom ringtones had stopped working. I still have version 1.02 and i realized it wasn't just my ringtones.

Even if i set the default ringtone to something it came pre-loaded with it makes no noise upon recieving a phone call, it won't vibrate. Also; it wont make click noises or sms-recieved noises even though they are all turned up and on in the settings menu.

Is there some kind of mute I did without knowing on accident or is something actually messed up? External speakers still work fine for iTunes and other programs.

sooo confused."

"I'm so confused and stumped.

Tried everything, tried restarting it, tried plugging in and taking out headphones, etc.

I ran a restore to the same version of software i'm at (1.02)

and i am STILL stuck with the same problem.

It just won't make noises through the speaker, slide to unlock, keyboard clicking, phone calls. Nothing. iTunes works fine through the speaker as does youtube, etc. So i know the speaker isn't dead.

If i plug in headphones I can hear my ringtones through them when I get a phone call, but that's it.

Still no keyboard clicking etc.

Even after a restore im facing the exact same problems. I'm still thinking i somehow triggered some kind of global mute, that or my iPhones messed up pretty bad.

Advice?"

Thanks

Don't know if this is the same thing affecting you, doesn't sound like it. But there is a known Apple issue when you unplug your earbuds, the phone won't redirect the audio to the speakers. You can usually fix this by plugging the earbuds back in, play some music in iTunes and unplug them again. Worked for me anyway.

Green Apple
    Thanks

What about the small switcher on the left side upper corner?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by henry View Post
    What about the small switcher on the left side upper corner?
    All that switch does is turn the phone to silent mode, so instead of sounds it vibrates.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Is this the famous Kmac21? Hum. Odd indeed. Assuming that you haven't run into Apple's iPhone speaker bug (i.e. that if you call someone and no longer hear any sounds from the phone's speaker, however if you plug in your earphones you hear the person that you've called), then I would think that you're looking at a restore. I've never heard of the problem that you've encountered.

Don't assume that you've unloaded the notify services using Ulctl using the -w option and then reloaded it without? Good luck.

iPhone? More like MyPhone knowtheobscure's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    Don't know if this is the same thing affecting you, doesn't sound like it. But there is a known Apple issue when you unplug your earbuds, the phone won't redirect the audio to the speakers. You can usually fix this by plugging the earbuds back in, play some music in iTunes and unplug them again. Worked for me anyway.
    Thats what it sounds like to me.... you dont have to listen to any music, all he has to do is plug his earphones in and out a few times... that should solve the problem.

Sucks he already did a restore.

Also, has apple acknowledged this bug yet? It can be very irritating, and it really sucks if you dont have any headphones at any particular moment when it happens. You cant hear your calls and you cant make any either because you dont hear anything.... SPEAKER works though on calls. Weird. They need to fix this.
    All is... so Accept and Just Be

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

No they haven't. As far as Apple is concerned, this is a feature and not a bug (long story why). You can call it what you will, but the first time that I ran into it it scared the hell out of me.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Snowbird View Post
    No they haven't. As far as Apple is concerned, this is a feature and not a bug (long story why). You can call it what you will, but the first time that I ran into it it scared the hell out of me.
    A feature?!!

lol Thats a load of crap. If it was a feature it should do it every time... and why would you want a feature that doesnt let me hear my calls?! Id like to see their lame excuse, do you know where you read about it?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by knowtheobscure View Post
    A feature?!!

lol Thats a load of crap. If it was a feature it should do it every time... and why would you want a feature that doesnt let me hear my calls?! Id like to see their lame excuse, do you know where you read about it?
    According to Apple's own Discussion forum, they refer to it as a "known issue" that will be resolved in the next firmware. I have never seen any articles where they claim its a "feature".

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Eurisko For This Useful Post:

knowtheobscure (10-09-2007)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    According to Apple's own Discussion forum, they refer to it as a "known issue" that will be resolved in the next firmware. I have never seen any articles where they claim its a "feature".
    lol Thanks.... sucks it will be in the "next" firmware... no telling when we will be able to actually use it with modded phones.