Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Restore reloads same 1.1.1 version

Question Restore reloads same 1.1.1 version
    I had trusted that Apple's update would bring me more features and functionality. I installed the 1.1.1 security update. Several web applications now are unusable, and Apple clearly is refusing to allow 3rd-party applications.

When i use the restore process to back out the update, I try to restore using either ALT or SHIFT keys and clicking on RESTORE, but nothing ever prompts me for the restore file. And after going thru the whole process 4 times, I still can only restore the 1.1.1 update again.

Am I doing something wrong?

Hopefully my windows Vista O.S. isn't gonna prevent me from backing out this update.

Help?

I do have windows Vista, hopefully this won't prevent me from effectively restoring my iPhone.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iMaverick View Post
    I had trusted that Apple's update would bring me more features and functionality. I installed the 1.1.1 security update. Several web applications now are unusable, and Apple clearly is refusing to allow 3rd-party applications.

When i use the restore process to back out the update, I try to restore using either ALT or SHIFT keys and clicking on RESTORE, but nothing ever prompts me for the restore file. And after going thru the whole process 4 times, I still can only restore the 1.1.1 update again.

Am I doing something wrong?

Hopefully my windows Vista O.S. isn't gonna prevent me from backing out this update.

Help?

I do have windows Vista, hopefully this won't prevent me from effectively restoring my iPhone.
    With Windows (any version), you should be able to Shift-Click on the Restore button to bring up the browse dialog so you can choose your own local firmware file. You're saying this doesn't happen?

Thanks for your response... well, yes that's what I thought I did. But now that you confirm it works with SHIFT, I will try again. Am I supposed to press SHIFT-Restore and wait, or should a browser window pop up right away??

You will get a pop up instantly.

Ok, I am finally trying the downgrade process again.
    Ok, holding the SHIFT then pressing RESTORE twice brings up the
    pop-up.

Following the directions (either renaming the file to a zip -- or not) results
    in a failure message in a popup, "The iPhone 'iPhone' could not be restores. An unknown error occurred (1)"displaying a red X (not a yellow warning) symbol.

Ok, assuming I am okay, I continue the instructions... trying to install AppTapp also fails.

What's wrong?

Moderator / DRP Dev Team jedinight's Avatar
    Thanks

red x huh mmmmm

http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/Dow...firmware_1.0.2

those instructions worked for me, follow it to the letter and it should be okay.