Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Worth risking?

Default Worth risking?
    Just switched from a black jack to the iphone. I unlocked my black jack and loved it. I am now wanting to unlock my iphone but am a little scared to dont want a $400 door stop. How safe is it to unlock and what are the real benifites? The main thing I loved about my unlocked BJ was being able to change all the icons and sounds. and turning off the camera noise. Any figure that out yet for the iphone? Thanks

Livin the iPhone Life aziatiklover's Avatar
    Thanks

benefits different carrier than att
    wrong side is going to void the warranty of the phone
    my advise is just activated your phone as a current att customer and just install 3rd party apps
     Think Different

Quote Originally Posted by kndhadley View Post
    Just switched from a black jack to the iphone. I unlocked my black jack and loved it. I am now wanting to unlock my iphone but am a little scared to dont want a $400 door stop. How safe is it to unlock and what are the real benifites? The main thing I loved about my unlocked BJ was being able to change all the icons and sounds. and turning off the camera noise. Any figure that out yet for the iphone? Thanks
    Personally I thinks its worth the risk. Besides there are a lot of tools/apps that make the modding experience very simple, even for a novice.

In regards to unlocking all you need to worry about is geting an iphone with the right firmware to preform the unlock. There are posts in this form regarding how to tell if a phone has the 1.0.2 firmware or 1.1.1.

In fact I think you should hang around this forum for a bit and read up. There is a great knowledge base here that can probably give you better insight on the benifits of owning an iPhone.

Good Luck.