Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [GUIDE] How do I Restore my iPhone to factory state (virginizing)(Mac/Win 1.0.2 only)

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
The following is a comprehensive guide about restoring the iPhone back to it Original state (this is probably done when you goof up Unlocking your phone) It is HIGHLY advised
    Thanks

Post [GUIDE] How do I Restore my iPhone to factory state (virginizing)(Mac/Win 1.0.2 only)
    The following is a comprehensive guide about restoring the iPhone back to it Original state (this is probably done when you goof up Unlocking your phone) It is HIGHLY advised that you read the entire post thoroughly before moving ahead:

How do I Restore my iPhone to factory state (virginizing)(Mac/Win 1.0.2 only) (Virgin phone)?

First an explanation. Virginizing your phone means two things. First, flashing the baseband (modem) to a virgin state. Most unlocking procedures modify the baseband by writing code to it. The reason we flash the baseband is that If you only do a restore via iTunes (to the same version of the firmware), your baseband software is not updated. If you do not flash the baseband you may have problems with these instructions or in the future. Second, a complete restore to the current firmware via iTunes. This procedure will relock your phone and ensure you have clean firmware as if the phone just came out of the box.

To prepare, if you haven't already, Download ibrickr, (if you have iTunes 7.4.x you will need to download this file and place it in the ibrickr folder for it to work) ICE03.14.08_G.fls, ICE03.14.08_G.eep, Terminal & Necessary Files. It is suggested to keep extract these files into your ibrickr folder.
    1. Open Ibrickr and choose Files.
    2. In the Ibrickr File manager view on the right side of the screen click the on the picture of the iPhone where it says bin/ it will look like a hyperlink.
    3. Click the upload files button. select ICE03.14.08_G.eep & ICE03.14.08_G.fls click open and wait for them to upload.
    4. Click back go to file and upload the files from the iphone.unlock.zip to /usr/bin
    5. Once the files have been uploaded go back to the main screen of Ibrickr and choose Applications > install from PXL file and choose MobileTerminal-VT100-svn161.pxl
    6. From your iPhone tap the Terminal icon on your springboard and type launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist
    7. From your iPhone tap the Terminal icon on your springboard and type cd /usr/bin then hit enter, then type chmod +x bbupdater and hit enter then type ./bbupdater -f *.fls -e *.eep and hit enter.

Unlock your iPhone v1.0.2 with PACAY + AppInstaller for Windows
    Visit this thread http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8969

The most commonly asked for files are linked here:

ibrickr
    PACAY activation/YouTube for windows
    Quick activation/YouTube for Mac
    apptapp installer
    ICE03.14.08_G.fls
    ICE03.14.08_G.eep
    lockdownd
    the 3 files
    termcap (goes in /etc)
    bbupdater (goes in /bin)

Troubleshoot:

How do I check what version of the firmware is on my iphone?

If your phone has already been activated, go to start - settings - general - about - version

Will my unlocked iPhone survive a restore?

If you restore your phone via iTunes to the same version (i.e. 1.0.2) the answer is yes, your unlock will survive. If a new version comes out, we don't know yet.

I had problems during the unlock, how do I start fresh?

You need to restore your phoneto a factory state as described here.

I'm getting "No service" after the unlock, what can I do?

You need to restore your phone to a factory state as described here and start over again.

Do I need to remove the AT&T sim card from the iPhone when I'm unlocking?

It doesn't matter; you can have any sim in there.

What is jailbreaking?

Jailbreaking is the process that allows you to run unsigned code on the iPhone. You are required to "jailbreak" your phone to run any 3rd party application. Programs like ibrickr and apptapp installer perform this for you.

How do I change the carrier logo?

Not for the faint of heart.. At the moment there is no easy way to do this if your carrier is anything but T-mobile, Vodaphone, AT&T or Cingular.If you're brave go here: http://iphone.fiveforty.net/wiki/ind..._Customization

What are some symptoms of a corrupt baseband?

1). You may not be able to hear phone calls unless you switch speaker phone on and off.
    2). You may not be able to receive text messages.
    3). Phone is showing no service even though you’ve successfully unlocked.

If any of these symptoms occur, You need to restore your phone to a factory state as described here and start over again.

Activation
    I'm getting an Invalid SIM message?
    This means your phone is not activated. You need to activate using either IaSign or patch lockdownd

What is the lockdownd patch and how do I do it (Mac/Win)?

The lockdownd patch is also known as "Patching out activation" or making the phone "Factory Activated". The iPhone requires each new sim to be "paired" with the phone, otherwise known as "activation". By modifying a file on the phone called "lockdownd" the phone will be in "factory activated" mode and you will not have to reactivate it every time you swap Sims on an unlocked phone.

To do this, download this file and put in the /usr/libexec/ directory on your phone, then reboot the phone.

Note to Mac users: If you activated any other way - meaning that you activated via " Independence " or iActivator" etc. YouTube may not work, you will have to restore and start over!)

What Settings Do I use for GPRS on my unlocked phone?

Check out this excellent guide here to get GPRS settings for you carrier. The settings are located in: Settings>General>Network>EDGE on your iPhone once it's unlocked.

How do I get Voicemail button working? 1. If you have set a SIM PIN, disable it (Settings>Phone>SIM PIN>off)
    2. SSH into your phone/lib>
    3. Run launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist
    4. Run minicom
    5. Type AT+CSVM=1,"xxx" where xxx is the number the phone should dial for your voicemail. (For Telstra Mobile, it's 101, for example)
    6. You'll get OK as the response. If you get an "ERROR" as response, be sure to unset your PIN before entering minicom
    7. Quit minicom with commands: CTRL-a, then q
    8. Run launchctl load -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist
    9. if you want to, you can re-enable your SIM PIN now
    10. and you're done!

How do I change timeout before going Voicemail? 1. From the keypad dial the following: *#61#
    2. Press the Call button
    3. Write down your voicemail number. It's the number after "Forwards to"
    4. From the keypad dial the following: *61*1VOICEMAILNUMBER*11*30# inserting your voicemail number where VOICEMAILNUMBER is. It should be 11 numbers. For example, if your voicemail number is 16787641111 then your command would be: *61*16787641111*11*30#. 30 is the length of time in the command above. 20 is the default. 30 is the max.
    5. Press the Call button to send your command to the server
    6. You should see the following:
    Setting Activation Succeeded
    Voice Call Forwarding
    When Unanswered
    7. Congrats. You are set! Call your iPhone again to see that it now takes longer to hit voicemail.

Why does my battery life suck?

The SSH process (among other things) kills your battery life. You need to either disable it or uninstall it.
    You can install UIctl from App.tap and use that to load/unload it directly from the phone
    You may also want to turn off wi-fi and Bluetooth when they are not in use.
    Also try locking your phone when not in use to turn off the screen.

How do i get edge to work on tmobile?

login to your account online. Change your phone to any blackberry. Then add the blackberry plan for 19.99 and use wap.voicestream.com as the APN with no user/pass in edge settings.

How do I get my contacts from my sim card to my iphone?

The iPhone does not support sim contacts. You must sync your old phone to your computer (google it) and then sync your iPhone.
    Last edited by ReVan; 10-10-2007 at 03:34 PM.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ReVan For This Useful Post:

blue_wind (10-09-2007), catriple (10-08-2007), heaven_boi303 (10-19-2007), jtjurick (10-18-2007), lanla (10-21-2007)

Retired Moderator arthursdomain's Avatar
    Thanks

great guide, even tho i dont do this kind of stuff.

stickied.
    Last edited by arthursdomain; 10-08-2007 at 11:50 AM.
    ARTHURSDOMAIN
    ModMyI.com Apps Reviewer

Retired ModMyi.com Moderator

Follow me on twitter: twitter.com/laynem

Reviewed Apps:
    Oregon Trail, Who Has The Biggest Brain, Lock Puzzle, Tweetie

Want an app reviewed? PM me with the app name

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Please help me. I chech all steps that you give as. I'm making same. But on my phone it's SIM ERROT what i need to do. This pone was unblocked , then my frient make update and today i restore FirmWare to 1.0.2 but firmware of modem is new. And i thing that problem is wjth modem firmware. Help me please/

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by biba View Post
    Please help me. I chech all steps that you give as. I'm making same. But on my phone it's SIM ERROT what i need to do. This pone was unblocked , then my frient make update and today i restore FirmWare to 1.0.2 but firmware of modem is new. And i thing that problem is wjth modem firmware. Help me please/
    You SIM will not work since you've downgraded from v1.1.1.

Wait for the Dev Team to release the SIM Crack for v1.1.1

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks. How do you thing how many days it will take. And Also i'm not in US , now i want to ask my friends to buy Iphone for me. Will it came with 1.1.1 firmware or it will came with old FirmWare. or i need to found market with old Iphones
    Thanks

Livin the iPhone Life aziatiklover's Avatar
    Thanks

awesome post
     Think Different

Green Apple
    Thanks

Please help I tried trping in the terminal but it goes back to the homescreen.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Sorry, let me get this straight if i do this they Apple will have no way of knowing that i unlocked my phone.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hi, i keep downloading the downgrading file but does not unzip?

My iPhone is a Part of Me mofolo's Avatar
    Thanks

hi,
    Awesome post, thanks for it!

So will the reset the baseband too. So you're phone will look like it has never been touched even if you unlocked it previously?

If i upgraded my unlocked phone to 1.1.1 and bricked it.
    Will this unbrick my phone!?
    (if i downgraded to 1.0.2 and followed this method?)

Thanks.
    Last edited by mofolo; 10-10-2007 at 08:23 AM.
    myRepoSpace.com - Easily create your own Cydia Repo.

Green Apple
    Thanks

My wife's iPhone (1.0.2) has a strange bug: when she calls she can't hear the other party. When somebody calls her, there is no problem. So I am trying to put the iPhone back into its virgin state. When I follow the instruction I get stuck at

launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist

I get as far as entering "launchctl unload -w /System/Library/Laun" and then the text disappears.
    Any idea if I am doing anything wrong or what the problem might be?
    Thanks.
    Kraut55

I just read the advice about the corrupt baseband. That solved the problem.
    But I also need to virginize my iPhone. Any help concerning the entry through Terminal would be appreciated.
    Thanks.
    Last edited by Kraut55; 10-10-2007 at 11:16 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

You need to install the BSD Subsystem 1.5

14. The Following User Says Thank You to ReVan For This Useful Post:

rockdj28 (10-27-2007)

Green Apple
    Thanks

When I google I find BSD Subsystem only in connection with Mac. I have a PC. Also ok? And any advice where I can find it?
    Thanks.

Kraut55

Thanks

Use iBrickr and click on Applications > Browser Applications

17. The Following User Says Thank You to ReVan For This Useful Post:

matbon (10-19-2007)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

This is pretty sweet but my iphone got upgraded to 1.1.1 and i downgraded it again to 1.0.2.is there any point in doing it now, will i b able to unlock the actual phone itself??

Thanks

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,273 Times in 652 Posts

has anyone had success with this baseband downgrade?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Will this work with an unlocked Iphone? I have to send it back to Apple! thanks all

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

No cant

22. The Following User Says Thank You to biba For This Useful Post:

im123456 (10-19-2007)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    i think i am in a lot of trouble. I purchase an iphone last week with the idea that i was going to be able to unlock it, not knowing that the phone came with version 1.1.1 pre-installed. i followed the instructions on several guides to downgrade to 1.0.2. I DID IT SUCCESSFULLY! I did the independence, then appttt, then transfered and overwrote the lockdwn and unlock program. started the unlocking program, waited twenty minutes, SUCCESS. But, when i insert my tmobile sim card it says that i have an unapproved sim card. i want to return the phone to the apple store, but they tell me that if it is unlocked, they will no take it back. is there a way to relock the phone to original 1.1.1 version. thanks

Thanks

Patience, solution is coming to you over this weekend