Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [GUIDE] How do I Restore my iPhone to factory state (virginizing)(Mac/Win 1.0.2 only)

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
hi, at first, great website. I felt lucky because i got an virgin iPhone with 102 firmware. I activated with independence, Community Sources, DNS Tools, BSD Subsystem and OpenSSH with
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hi,

at first, great website.

I felt lucky because i got an virgin iPhone with 102 firmware.

I activated with independence, Community Sources, DNS Tools, BSD Subsystem and OpenSSH with apptapp, inserted the modified lockdownd file and tried to unlock via cyberduck with unlock.app - failed

restored the firmware (102) and tried it with anysim102 - failed, tried it with the old anysim - failed

restored and copied 314.fls and 314.eep via cyberduck to /usr/bin
    used the mobilTerminal to get the baseband virgin:
    1. cd /usr/bin
    2. chmod +x bbupdater
    3. launchctl unload /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist
    4. bbupdater -f 314.fls -e 314.eep
    5. launchctl load /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist

restored again via iTunes and followed these steps:
    -activate using independence,
    -update firmware to 1.0.2
    -again activate,jailbreak,install ssh etc.. using independence.
    -install anysim(latest version) using Transmit.
    -run anysim from phone

failed again i have no idea - tried so many times

what can i do? anysim tells me unlocked successfully - but it isn't

The Phone says SIM locked

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    how may I re-viginize on a mac?

Thanks

hello!

i have a lil problem i'am trying to flash my baseband but every time type a command for example usr/bin/ i get "zsh: permission denied: usr/bin/''
    i unload com.apple.comm.center and i got this "launchctl remove error: No such process" any ideas why i'am getting these issues!!
    HELP!!! PLZ
    (/)EMESIS

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    i tried to virginize my phone after it was unlocked and the terminal said that the procedure was successful, but when i restarted my iphone it said invalid or unapproved sim. its the original sim that came with the iphone. should i restore to firmware 1.1.1 after i virginize? i wanted to upgrade anyways since 1.1.1 has been fully jailbreaked.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis45 View Post
    hello!

i have a lil problem i'am trying to flash my baseband but every time type a command for example usr/bin/ i get "zsh: permission denied: usr/bin/''
    i unload com.apple.comm.center and i got this "launchctl remove error: No such process" any ideas why i'am getting these issues!!
    HELP!!! PLZ
    The command is:
    Code:
    cd /usr/bin/
    Have you uploaded the 'Needed files' into the correct mentioned folders?

Reboot your phone and try the launchctl unload -w command again in Mobile Terminal.

You can also try this:
    Uninstall BSD Subsystem & Mobile Terminal.
    Re-install Mobile Terminal and then BSD Subsystem.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hello, I have gone through many topics in this and many other forums to find a guide as to how to restore my 1.0.2 iunlocked iphone to factory (virgin) state on a MAC. Can someone please help me out with directions to a guide or instructions as to how to do it?
    Thank you much

My iPhone is a Part of Me mofolo's Avatar
    Thanks

Does this Re-lock phones unlocked with AnySim?

It should, seeing as A virgin phone isn't unlocked right!

I gotta do this soon, gotta get my phone back to a fresh 1.0.2 then prepair it for 1.1.1 jailbreak and unlock
    myRepoSpace.com - Easily create your own Cydia Repo.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

For steps 2 & 3, it says to install ICE03.14.08_G.eep and ICE03.14.08_G.fls into bin/ which would mean [root]/bin. Is that just a typo? Because i would have assumed that these files would be put into usr/bin, since you're using mobile terminal to enter the command cd usr/bin, followed by using bbupdater on the modem files. I wouldnt think that bbupdater would be able to locate those files if they're in [root]/bin.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Gazoo's Avatar
    Thanks

Default to clarify about "virginization"
    Quote Originally Posted by oneshotthrill View Post
    i tried to virginize my phone after it was unlocked and the terminal said that the procedure was successful, but when i restarted my iphone it said invalid or unapproved sim. its the original sim that came with the iphone. should i restore to firmware 1.1.1 after i virginize? i wanted to upgrade anyways since 1.1.1 has been fully jailbreaked.
    "viginization" will not work in your case. Just for giggles, I attempted to do exactly as you described. I have a 1.0.2 unlocked via iunlock (with an ATT account even!!). I "virginized" the baseband and attempted the 1.1.1 upgrade. At the end, it resulted in the "incorrect sim" error ( with the bogus IMEI). There is something more afoot than just the initial iunlock baseband hack that will prevent the clean upgrade.

What we need is an iPhone ressurection app that will make the phone truly "factory fresh"
    The Cake Is A LIE!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gazoo View Post
    "viginization" will not work in your case. Just for giggles, I attempted to do exactly as you described. I have a 1.0.2 unlocked via iunlock (with an ATT account even!!). I "virginized" the baseband and attempted the 1.1.1 upgrade. At the end, it resulted in the "incorrect sim" error ( with the bogus IMEI). There is something more afoot than just the initial iunlock baseband hack that will prevent the clean upgrade.

What we need is an iPhone ressurection app that will make the phone truly "factory fresh"
    So If I have unlocked the phone with iunlock, and have a valid ATT account, what can I do to upgrade to 1.1.1? Has anybody heard of any other procedure to flash the iphone back to actual factory settings. I think I have seen a post somewhere that apple has done it for some people at their stores...

iPhone? More like MyPhone Gazoo's Avatar
    Thanks

fcbadmir

I'm actually restoring from my second try at upgrading to make sure that I hadn't missed a step.

I suspect that there will be an app that will address this real soon.
    The Cake Is A LIE!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I'm trying to virginize my phone i followed steps up untill where it says to "choose Applications > install from PXL file and choose MobileTerminal-VT100-svn161.pxl"
    When i navigate to that folder the mobile terminal-vt100-svn161.pxl it isn't there.
    I downloaded everything that was required yet that file is missing.
    Can someone please let me know how to locate that vt100-svn161.pxl file

thank you

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default I am trying
    I was doing good until i had to wait until i was able to tap the terminal on the iphone. THe problem is that the iphone did not soft start as described and it does not show a terminal? Any suggestions???

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Unlocking
    Quote Originally Posted by jtjurick View Post
    For steps 2 & 3, it says to install ICE03.14.08_G.eep and ICE03.14.08_G.fls into bin/ which would mean [root]/bin. Is that just a typo? Because i would have assumed that these files would be put into usr/bin, since you're using mobile terminal to enter the command cd usr/bin, followed by using bbupdater on the modem files. I wouldnt think that bbupdater would be able to locate those files if they're in [root]/bin.
    Yes, that seems to be the problem; when I uploaded the 2 files into user/bin, I was able to complete the step.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i get a message at the end its says error failed to initialize comm layer is it open by another app done what does that mean ?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

mine says: start downloadind from the file *.eep

stay there and i wait many minutes..

Any help?

also i dont have service and no sounds at all.
    Last edited by The_Boricua; 10-22-2007 at 05:48 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default 1.1.1 downgraded to 1.0.2
    If I downgraded a 1.1.1 to 1.0.2, wil this method work?

Cheers

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

whn i turn on my iphone all i cn c iz silver apple logo..its nt at all loading...n nw i want 2 restore it cn ne plzzz help wid tht???thnx in advance...using v1.0.2
    Last edited by fahad20; 10-23-2007 at 08:59 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi, I do this and it works till step 7. Then I get the message: Baseband Bootloader is to old, update to 1.8 or later and try again!!
    How can I fix this, where get I the new Bootloader, in wich directory it will be copied? Thanks for help (I hope my englichs is not too bad)

ciao camino :-(

Green Apple
    Thanks

After changing the DNS settings, I clicked the menu button to go back to menu to launch IPSF. iPhone froze on the menu with the circle loading icon in the middle. Computer lost all connections to Iphone, and it's just sitting frozen on the menu, holding the power button doesn't do anything...

WTF do I do!?!?!?! I will be incredibly pissed off if I have to just wait for battery to run out because then I'll be phoneless for 3 days or however long the battery lasts for, and I really cannot afford to be in that situation.

For fucks sake, why couldn't I just have been happy with 1.0.2, I feel like killing myself right now. That and in 3 hours I have a practice exam, I thought fiddling my iphone to get 1.1.1 would be a nice relaxing thing to do to make me calm before exam, but now I'm ******* stressed and feel like punching stuff.

Edit: OK dunno what the **** is happening....screen is now blank. I pressed the menu and power buttons, nothing happened. Then when pressing nothing the 'slide her to unlock' screen appeared for half a second then went blank again. ??!?!?!?! WTF....seems if I press button, about 5s later the screen flashes on for ~half a second. Still no connection to itunes or putty or anything...

THIS IS ******* WORSE BECAUSE NOW THE SCREEN IS OFF 99% OF THE TIME SO THE BATTERY WILL TAKE EVEN LONGER TO DRAIN BEFORE I CAN ******* REBOOT IT

Edit again: Now it is frozen on the 'slide to unlock' screen. But is completely unresponsive still...
    Last edited by paul09; 10-23-2007 at 06:36 PM.