Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Anyone experience sluggishness with 1.1.1?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Anyone experience sluggishness with 1.1.1?
    I've noticed since I upgraded that all the phone applications seem to be alot slower (SMS, Mail, etc). I have to power cycle all the time to get web pages to load sometimes even when I have "full service." Has anyone else experienced anything similar?

I have seen this too. I lost my ability to click on links in Safari a few times and if I use my Gmail through Safari, its sometimes is slower than Xmas.

The only reasons I'm using 1.1.1 is the addded volume, helps with my car stereo, and the double click feature. But not the period one, you can double click to your iPod too and since I'm in and out of a vechicle all day, it saves time.
    Last edited by MetroGT; 10-08-2007 at 02:11 PM.

But does is all that saved time equal to or less than the time wasted waiting for the sluggishness of the phone on the new firmware?

It's only sluggish at times. With the saved time of not having to unlock each time that I get in/out of the truck or have to stop to sign in/out of some place, I will deal with infrequent slow downs. I only happened to me once for example, but not at all yesterday. Usually a restart and it's fine for a bit.

One of the worst days I had, I had to restart the phone several times due to lossing my link click ability, but after a restore, I haven't had that problem since.