Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: media player

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default media player
    i was looking on the internet the other day and wanted to view a piece of media, the media would open with quicktime or windows media, the iphone would not play the media y?, what is the media player shipped with the iphone, or is therre any other way of viewing media on the internet, regards all

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by daveparki View Post
    i was looking on the internet the other day and wanted to view a piece of media, the media would open with quicktime or windows media, the iphone would not play the media y?, what is the media player shipped with the iphone, or is therre any other way of viewing media on the internet, regards all
    The Media player shipped with iPhone is iTunes. Feed your movie into iTunes, covert it to M4V and sync it with the iPhone.

When you put the movie into iTunes, Right-click on the file and choose "Convert Selection for iPod", or "Convert Selection for iPhone" if you want the movie to look better (but it will also take up more space).

Green Apple
    Thanks
    thanks for reply, my original question, that i probs put across wrong is......... can i watch video clips on the internet, via safari,on the iphone, if so what format do they need to be in, or any 3rd party apps that will plugin safari to allow watching quicktime or real videos, regards

Thanks

Oh I see, sorry. And no, you can't. You would require a media plugin for Safari and there isn't one. I think Apple did this deliberately in their deal with AT&T so you'd have to use YouTube.

Livin the iPhone Life aziatiklover's Avatar
    Thanks

u can't watch any other media than youtube as for rite now. I'm hoping someone will comes up with some plug in soon
     Think Different

Thanks

Ok, are you going into the settings and changing the Springboard count to 16? For some reason, for me at least, if you leave it at 12 it doesn't remember your arrangement.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    many thanks for you all replying, put my search to rest now and saved me time, regards