+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Overheating!! WTF! and Warranty Exchange?

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I received my Iphone one week ago, I've noticed when I charger the phone via USB to PC, the getting really hot. Also this morning when I was surfing the
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Overheating!! WTF! and Warranty Exchange?
    I received my Iphone one week ago, I've noticed when I charger the phone via USB to PC, the getting really hot. Also this morning when I was surfing the web via EDGE it could really hot. The is unlocked to Tmobile, to get a warranty exchange at the store will they question me about the activation of AT&T Sim card after I restore it to 1.0.2 or will they just replace the phone without any questions? Any hints or help from anyone will be appreciated!

Is there anyway is get passed the activation at the apple store? Also if I have physical problem with the phone (like the sensors or actual phone went bad) how would I go about getting a replacement phone at the apple store or apple care?

Livin the iPhone Life aziatiklover's Avatar
    Thanks

I think by unlocking our iphone we dont have any warranty anymore no matter wat
     Think Different

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Unlocking the phone voids your warranty, period. Standard line is to buy a new one and sign up with AT&T...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    What about restoring your phone to factory condition (there are instructions online how to do that), then signing up with ATT, activating legally, taking it to get repaired and then cancelling your ATT contract within the grace period. Sounds crazy, I know, but at least you'll be able to get it fixed. Of course, they may update your firmware to 1.1.1 and then you're screwed for now.

This is all BS and we know it. I mean, none of this software does anything to ruin the hardware. Apple has plenty of problems with its quality control anyway and problems are common, without the third part software. I wish somebody could challenge Apple on this, but since I'm not a lawyer I can't even begin to assess the fine points of Apple's current warranty denial policies. (Just a note: no need for anybody who wants to defend Apple to write back to educate me about their software license etc - I know it already)

iPhone? More like MyPhone ijustin's Avatar
    Thanks

Alot of iphones get really hot, mine does especially when im on the internet, and nothing is wrong with mine and Ive had mine for about 2 months

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

My advise is: just charge your phone until it overheated and died( anyway it does overheated) Than make sure the phone not turning on. Than bring to Apple store. Say to them just connected to pc, got hot and died. At this point they unable to check anything. And you'll get your new one.

P.S. If they ask why you didn't activate , say just got for gift( anniversary or something)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    vv
    Last edited by PaulE; 10-05-2007 at 05:07 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life aziatiklover's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by barys07 View Post
    My advise is: just charge your phone until it overheated and died( anyway it does overheated) Than make sure the phone not turning on. Than bring to Apple store. Say to them just connected to pc, got hot and died. At this point they unable to check anything. And you'll get your new one.

P.S. If they ask why you didn't activate , say just got for gift( anniversary or something)
    good tips I will try that when I will see my battery getting weak
     Think Different