Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Need to upgrade iOS and jailbreak

Default Need to upgrade iOS and jailbreak
    but I've been out of the loop for a while. Right now my 4S is currently running iOS 6 with an untethered jailbreak.

I need to be running iOS 7 for an app I want to install but I also don't want to lose my untethered JB.

What options are available right now?

IOS 7.1.2 and untethered jailbreak with Pangu 1.1.

Thank you kind sir, I'm looking into it now.

It seems most of Cydia stopped working anyway, so upgrading is probably a good thing....except that I hate iOS 7

You shouldn't hate it. Way better than IOS 6 + loads of winterboard themes

It looks all childy and crap, like I oughtta be using a crayon for a stylus.

I like the darkstar HD theme, in fact I paid for it way back when I JB my phone last time....kills battry life though

Thanks
    Thanked 3,179 Times in 1,363 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GRNDPNDR View Post
    It looks all childy and crap, like I oughtta be using a crayon for a stylus.

I like the darkstar HD theme, in fact I paid for it way back when I JB my phone last time....kills battry life though
    You might like 'Fuel' as an alternative OR, if you have the knowledge, update Darkstar yourself to work w/ iOS 7

DS doesnt work with iOS7??? Man now I'm sad.

I probably could update it, but it'd be a learning curve. It's the graphical side of things I can't do.

Thanks

Just one more reason I don't like iOS 7

Trying to update and I get an error 6.

trying to find a solution but does anyone know anything I should check to fix it?

Things change with time, so does IOS
    But, new UI, New Cydia, New Tweaks, New Themes, kind of refreshing, wouldn't you say

Disable AntiVirus and Firewall and try again....

Nevermind, I guess it worked. after I got the error 6 it said I had to restore, so I did and it was now iOS 7.... I did disable firewall and closed a bunch of process'

Once it's finished uploading all my apps again I guess I'll hit it with pangu or something.

Quote Originally Posted by bbrks View Post
    Things change with time, so does IOS
    But, new UI, New Cydia, New Tweaks, New Themes, kind of refreshing, wouldn't you say

Disable AntiVirus and Firewall and try again....
    I definitely don't like the new dock with its blank background. iOS 6 dock looked much nicer. but otherwise it's not too bad I guess..... just need to adapt.
    Last edited by GRNDPNDR; 07-19-2014 at 05:14 PM.

Well, actually, it would be better to jailbreak first and than get the apps back, but ok, it's something you should consider for future attempts.

Quote Originally Posted by bbrks View Post
    Well, actually, it would be better to jailbreak first and than get the apps back, but ok, it's something you should consider for future attempts.
    it just started putting them back anyway.... should I stop it, jailbreak, then restore a backup?

No need for now, if you make it, that's fine. I am just saying, it's better the other way around.

Do you guys know of any good alternative to **********??? I really miss that app, it had everything available. and it's really nice to be ablet to test out an app to determine if I'd like it before I drop X amount of dollars on it.

oh, I guess we aren't allowed to talk about that?? what happened?

That's a huge NO, forget about it

Thanks

As I said before, if your that dedicated to having Darkstar back, then edit the files yourself. It's 'mostly' just a matter of renaming icons and folders!

This thread is dedicated to theming iOS 7. We've made lots of progress in here which could help you out.

http://modmyi.com/forums/skinning-themes-discussion/832675-ios7x-theme-guide-%thread_page%-print.html

19. The Following User Says Thank You to thazsar For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (07-19-2014)

Well, the only thing I'm really missing is Remove Background, where I could set it in activator and just shake my phone to close background apps.

Is there anything similar to this for ios 7?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GRNDPNDR View Post
    Well, the only thing I'm really missing is Remove Background, where I could set it in activator and just shake my phone to close background apps.

Is there anything similar to this for ios 7?
    You need to install CCToggles to replace SBSettings. That tweak has a Kill All button.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast