Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: HELP! Need to reclaim storage space taken by other!

Default HELP! Need to reclaim storage space taken by other!
    Hi, I am on an iPhone 4s 64GB on iOS 7.0.4 Jailbroken

This morning I noticed my iPhone say I was running low on storage space and saw I only have 399mb left. I was amazed. I don't have that much installed. I checked all the basic places to check. I then opened cydia and took a look at storage. Saw other was taking up 69% of my space, and it was the biggest. I will not backup and restore, I wish to keep my jailbreak. I need advice/help. I am highly confused myself.

~Thanks

Thanks. Are there any directories suggested to check before I have to resort to this?

There are several steps you can do before that....here is a summary of most of them:
    Reclaim "Other" storage space on iPad, iPhone and iPod - AppDucate

but, in my experience, since your device is jaiblroaken, iLexRat is a way to go , but remember, after using it, your phone will be in clean state, no apps or data on it, just clean IOS and fresh jailbreak. So you will have to return your apps and Cydia tweaks manually. Don't use backups, if you have them, because most probably, the reason for that huge other folder is hidden somewhere in those backups.
    Last edited by bbrks; 06-01-2014 at 03:41 AM.