+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone 5 won't restore stuck on boot cycle

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hi guys , This is my situation I bought a iPhone 5 from the bay last week to replace my broken iPhone 4. The ad quoted a cracked screen but
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Exclamation iphone 5 won't restore stuck on boot cycle
    Hi guys ,

This is my situation I bought a iPhone 5 from the bay last week to replace my broken iPhone 4. The ad quoted a cracked screen but factory unlocked. So I changed my screen and put the simcard in and it worked fine for 2 days.

The phone then ran out battery, once I charged it up the apple logo shows then it just reboots every 5 seconds.

So it got me thinking had the phone been jailbreaked and unlocked, maybe? I really don't know as I couldn't play on it much but there certainly wasn't cydia installed! So now I'm stick with a phone which won't turn on and iTunes won't restore I get errors when trying iOS 7.0.4 or 7.0.6 and I either get error 4193 or 9 when restoring too iOS 7.1.

I'd really like to get it fixed as I haven't had a phone for weeks now. By the way I have access to both PC and Mac.

I hope you can help. Thank you.

My iPhone is a Part of Me bbrks's Avatar
    Thanks

If you can put the phone into DFU mode, than download IPSW 7.1 and do SHIFT + RESTORE, or OPTION + RESTORE on a MAC

3. The Following User Says Thank You to bbrks For This Useful Post:

GWalkaa (03-14-2014)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

bbrks thanks for the reply. I'm struggling to get the phone out of recovery mode. When I go to restore it just has the error and every time I boot up its in recovery. Is there a way to kick out of that so I can enter DFU mode? Bloody tricky mind you enetering DFU with a phone that restarts every 5 seconds. Is there a programme which can force DFU?

GWalkaa

Quick update. I got the phone into DFU and tried restoring with iOS 7.0.4, iOS 7.0.6 and iOS 7.1 - none of them worked I got the error number 9 each time. so im starting to think it could be hardware. Any one had similar issues?
    Last edited by GWalkaa; 03-14-2014 at 05:26 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me bbrks's Avatar
    Thanks

Error 9 should be a problem with USB connection, I guess, something is wrong with your USB cable, or connector on your iphone. Try changing cable and USB port for the start. And now, you can only restore to 7.1.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bbrks View Post
    Error 9 should be a problem with USB connection, I guess, something is wrong with your USB cable, or connector on your iphone. Try changing cable and USB port for the start. And now, you can only restore to 7.1.
    Thabks , I've tried many cables, ports and PC's/macs so I bought a new conection. What's the difficulty in changing one?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have tried lots of cables, different ports and computers. I changed the actual connector and that was successfully installed. However i now get a new error when restoring which is 2001. I have reset the SMC on my iMac still no luck.

Thanks