+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AppleCare+ and new iPhone

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I purchased my iPhone from T-Mobile and have decided I want AppleCare+. I either have to go to the store so they can physically inspect or can call and they
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default AppleCare+ and new iPhone
    I purchased my iPhone from T-Mobile and have decided I want AppleCare+. I either have to go to the store so they can physically inspect or can call and they will run some type of diagnostic.

Questions,

Will the diagnostic detect a jailbroken phone? What does it entail? They make me hook up the phone to their servers?
    In person, am I safe to just hide my icons in a folder or is that just stupid?

I suspect that I will have to restore so it is not jb-en. Will 7.04 still be out for a few more days that I will be able to rejailbreak?

Thanks

I guess your best bet is restore it as a new then call them to diagnostic it and get your apple care. After everything is settle and done, jailbreak again.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Parana6 For This Useful Post:

Miz.Michele (02-02-2014)

Thanks

I hate to restore but I guess that is the best way. Thanks.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

You may want to look into T-mobile Jump coverage. It covers additionals coverage beyond AppleCare+ such as lost, stolen, water-damaged and allow for a trade-in upgrade after six months. At $10 a month, it's a better deal than AppleCare+.

Thanks

Thx. Right now I have the t-mobe insurance at $8 per month. I didn't go for the jump part because I pass along my old phones to family members.

I figured that I'd pay 192 over 2 years vs apple's cost of 99 and I've heard horror stories about Assurant but I know apple does not cover lost or stolen. I've got to make up my mind soon tho.

Thanks

I ran the over phone/text message diagnostics they run while my phone was jailbroken. They didnt say anything to me, just: 'you have a total battery failure'

8. The Following User Says Thank You to EmericAn For This Useful Post:

Miz.Michele (02-05-2014)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hii...
    I have got a new iphone but still dissapointed with this apps Screen flicker.........