+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Icons Disappear on Move

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hi everyone. I am jailbroken on an iPhone 4s, 7.04. I just noticed this today, and uninstalled tweaks that I downloaded today, but it persists. When I go into jiggle
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Icons Disappear on Move
    Hi everyone. I am jailbroken on an iPhone 4s, 7.04.

I just noticed this today, and uninstalled tweaks that I downloaded today, but it persists. When I go into jiggle mode, and move an icon, it disappears once I let go of it. I can find it in spotlight but it doesn't reappear until respring. All icons do this, except for cydia, which just disappears as soon as I hold my finger on it. If anyone has any idea what might be going on it would be greatly appreciated. This is a strange problem I have never had before.

*Mods, sorry if this is in the wrong place, I am visually impaired and use a screen reader, and was having a bit of trouble navigating the forum hierarchy.

Thanks

Same problem. IPhone 4S running 7.0.4 Apps disappear when dropped. Only happens with gridlock 2.0 though. Do you have gridlock installed cracker?

Thanks

Thanks Nic, I do have Gridlock 2.0 installed! Nice detective work. I will try uninstalling it. Have you sent the developer a message about the issue?

Thanks

Yup I sent chpwn a message yesterday binging it to his attention. In the meantime I think I might just use homescreendesigner

My iPhone is a Part of Me Chris_Gold's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,575 Times in 483 Posts

I've had the same issue for the past month. I sent chpwn a message 3 - 4 weeks ago and he said he's looking into it. I've spent hours digging into the issue and haven't found any way of fixing.

Btw... I'm running a i5 on 7.0.4 so it's obviously not device specific. Good to know!
    Last edited by Chris_Gold; 02-05-2014 at 12:09 PM.

Thanks

Thanks very much. I will send him a message, and check out homescreendesigner in the meantime. Glad it isn't just me.

Thanks

I'm just glad to know that I'm not the only one... I was starting to think I was going crazy because I've brought this up to many people and no one has had issues. Hopefully the more people that bring it to his attention will increase the priority of a a fix 😉

PS - do some research here before going to HSD. I had it a while back and it was pretty buggy. Might have been updated a time or two by now though.

Thanks

So I just figured out how to fix this issue. If you completely restore your phone and here's the very important part YOU MUST SET UP AS A NEW PHONE! if you restore from an iCloud backup whatever was changed in the os will be reinstalled on your device (I know because I've tried both ways). Once you restore as a new phone and re-jailbreak install Gridlock 2.0 and you should be fine!

Thanks
    Thanked 8,496 Times in 4,304 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisFlegel View Post
    I'm just glad to know that I'm not the only one... I was starting to think I was going crazy because I've brought this up to many people and no one has had issues. Hopefully the more people that bring it to his attention will increase the priority of a a fix 😉

PS - do some research here before going to HSD. I had it a while back and it was pretty buggy. Might have been updated a time or two by now though.
    HSD got rock stable after its 4th or 5th update.. Great tweak. I don't use Gridlock anymore as HSD does everything I need including changing Apple's icon loading order like Gridlock does.I have restored recently and it cleared many crashing issues for me with Lockscreens.. Haven't tried going back to Gridlock again .. It frustrated me too much..
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Thanks

Gridlock 2.0 is now working perfectly for me, no restore or anything.

Gridlock 2.0 is now working perfectly for me, no restore or anything.
    Last edited by nic0m0d; 02-16-2014 at 01:18 AM.