Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Where Are Crash Logs Stored on the Device?

Default Where Are Crash Logs Stored on the Device?
    Hi guys.

Where are application crash logs stored on the actual device? - I don't use iTunes.

Thanx.

Quote Originally Posted by skywalka View Post
    Hi guys.

Where are application crash logs stored on the actual device? - I don't use iTunes.

Thanx.
    ImageUploadedByModMyi1388936025.373466.jpg

Here......

3. The Following User Says Thank You to StarkCity For This Useful Post:

skywalka (01-09-2014)

Thanx for taking the time to share that.

I have a program called Moves that is crashing on startup. I thought I would find crash logs for it there but didn't. Does anybody know if I'm looking in the right place?

Quote Originally Posted by skywalka View Post
    Thanx for taking the time to share that.

I have a program called Moves that is crashing on startup. I thought I would find crash logs for it there but didn't. Does anybody know if I'm looking in the right place?
    To the best of my knowledge, they should be in var / mobile / library / logs / crash reporter..... I get app crash logs there. I have three from twitter there now. You may be clearing them with a cache cleaner ( icleanerpro ) or the app may not log crashes......

There are logs in that location for Moves but they are 6 months old.

The dev asked me to send the logs that iTunes would copy so I thought it would be possible to find the logs for it crashing now.

Thanx anyway.

If anybody's interested it seems iOS only retains 100 crash logs & they are the earliest not the most recent.