Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Any buyer's remorse_Gold/Siver 5S- that WHITE front?

Default Any buyer's remorse_Gold/Siver 5S- that WHITE front?
    This may seem like a silly question - but I'm just wondering if any of you (us) that were gun-ho about getting a gold (or silver) new 5S - because the gold was the 'new thing' for Apple color schemes -- may NOW be having buyer's remorse. Especially when you look at your old 4S or 5 with that all black on the front..? And though we're very limited with what we can have in the way of theming yet on a 5S (mostly only manual theming) - when I look back at my iPh5 - the all black face REALLY is part of the look of the screen and anything on it - like themes..

I didn't realize how much the black face was part of the look of the phone for me. Ever since I've owned an iPhone all were black faced. I'm still within my 30day return period - and thinking of going back to get the only 5S with a black face.. What's it called? Slate?

Just wondering if I'm alone here. As cool as the gold looks - ON THE BACK and SIDES only.. You don't really interface with the back and sides of your phone daily. But all day, every day, you look at the front.

Thanks for any opinions...
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 01-02-2014 at 10:21 AM.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (01-04-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 10,203 Times in 6,211 Posts

For me, I found the gold model to be somewhat pretentious and Gucci like. Even being a girl it just didn't sit well with me. (not bashing anyone who owns one by any means).
    Myself, since the 3Gs and the introduction of white iPhones, it is still my choice and I always buy white iPhones every year, but could not get behind the gold.
    But, "to each their own".

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blkcadi For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (01-04-2014), NewdestinyX (01-02-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,251 Times in 1,383 Posts

I've had white since the ip4. I feel like the black is so boring. Originally, I bought a black ip5S and hated the way it looked.

I'm much happier w/ the white and most of my iDevices (except for the mirror ip4S conversion) are white.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to thazsar For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (01-04-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 10,203 Times in 6,211 Posts

^Ditto, even my iPads, iPods are white. My MBP has a Speck SeeThru clear case on it 'cause I couldn't find a white one I liked.
    Guess I like white.

...but I love black cars if that counts.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to blkcadi For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (01-04-2014)

Thanks guys. Have always owned Black.. Themes just seem to pop off a black face.. The white, to me, is drawing the eyes away from the contrast of the themes' colors.

Each to his own. Right?!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (01-04-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 15,559 Times in 7,112 Posts

Got gold. Loved it when I got it. Still Love it. Always had black before.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (01-04-2014)

Ok.. Guess I am alone on this one.. Thanks for everyone's input. You're the first one, Simon, that was always Black, then changed to white. People who've always had white - of course they'll still like white. I was most interested in hearing from people who'd always been black thru 4-5 phones..and then white with 5S.

Thx!

Thanks

Yup, always had black before. Thought it was finally time for a change.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Yup, always had black before. Thought it was finally time for a change.
    Understood. I'll be interested to hear your feelings about it once you see major themes on your 5S. I've had the advantage of doing alpha testing for GroovyCarrot on NextGenUI for A7- so I have it working on my 5S now.. And it's when I saw all that dark blue against black with the white-faced phone that i began to think.. oo... I may have made a mistake. The white face, to your eyes, clearly dulls the contrast of darker themes. Something you'd never notice while staring at the iOS7 stock look -- which, to me too, is pretty well married to the white-faced phones. So let's get a couple of good themes on our 5S Gold/Silver and check back in..

Peace out..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Understood. I'll be interested to hear your feelings about it once you see major themes on your 5S. I've had the advantage of doing alpha testing for GroovyCarrot on NextGenUI for A7- so I have it working on my 5S now.. And it's when I saw all that dark blue against black with the white-faced phone that i began to think.. oo... I may have made a mistake. The white face, to your eyes, clearly dulls the contrast of darker themes. Something you'd never notice while staring at the iOS7 stock look -- which, to me too, is pretty well married to the white-faced phones. So let's get a couple of good themes on our 5S Gold/Silver and check back in..

Peace out..
    Just need to change the color scheme of his NGUI then to better match the white.

Just need to change the color scheme of his NGUI then to better match the white.
    Yes I was just thinking about that. Maybe having a Whiteface will change the way I approach the themes that I seek out… Good point!

Thanks

Yes I was just thinking about that. Maybe having a Whiteface will change the way I approach the themes that I seek out… Good point!
    Agreed! I avoid dark themes because they don't look good on the white PLUS they just depress me! I'm glad @ihaz3 has started making brighter themes cuz everything was starting to look drab.

Thanks

NGUI looks pretty sexy like this on my 5S

NGUI looks pretty sexy like this on my 5S
    That's with setting background to white and foreground to black?

--- Yeah, a purple on gray looks pretty good too..

Last edited by NewdestinyX; 01-03-2014 at 09:32 PM.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

NewdestinyX (01-03-2014)

although black blends well, it does show fingerprints more than a white, so if that does not matter to you, I'd go with black, because it looks sleeker.

I've only had a black 3gs and 4, the other phones were white because I didn't feel like wiping the screen off every few seconds

24. The Following User Says Thank You to EVO For This Useful Post:

NewdestinyX (01-03-2014)

Hi NewdestinyX. I, like you, prefer black faces. I think for me it makes the screen look bigger, and the edges less intrusive. But when I swapped in my black iphone 5 after having it a week to pick up the 5s the week it came out, all they had was silver. I wanted the 5s more than I wanted the black, so I own my first white faced iphone. (even the white 3gs had a black face)

It doesn't seem to bother me much like I thought it would. I did see screen covers with the black edges to simulate the black face. If it bothers you, try to give those a try! Or if you are within your window, definitely swap it so you will be happy with it.
    It doesn't cost anything to be nice and say thank you
    iPhone 5s (after a long time with android devices so I am very rusty! )
    iOS 7.0.4, Jailbroken with Evasi0n7(1.0.2), cydia substrate installed
    Jersey Girl here! I love that dancing Penguin!

Thanks

That's with setting background to white and foreground to black?

--- Yeah, a purple on gray looks pretty good too..

So how are you using NextGen if it requires Dreamboard?

I was black for 4 & 4s but I have a white 5 and a white 4 tester. All 4 of my iPads are white. My kids have black 5's.

Check out WW2 for iOS 8 - Widget-Weather 2.0

I owned black iPhones in the past( every previous model). I love the new white iPhone 5S. I got silver and wish I had ordered the gold.

I actually the white color more with time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast