Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cydia lost all repos suddenly? How to readd?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm glad i helped

Default Cydianovice needs help!
    Hi there, I have read through your threads and have recently been given a jailbroken iPhone 3GS although I have no clue how to use Cydia. I have the same error message x type 'rsh' is not known on line 1 in source list /etc/apt/sources.list.d/saurik.list

the thing is, I only opened cydia because I have stopped receiving imessages from certain numbers and did a search to find out what to do on a jailbroken phone. the search mentioned cydia and then I got stuck as there dont appear to be any source lists available nor can I add anything.

while reading your posts, I am not even sure how to navigate to something in cydia? do I use search? if so that doesn not work

any advice very welcome!

Thanks Primology!, your file and instruction helped fix both an iPhone 3GS and iPad 1 with the 'rsh' error.

A new update on Cydia seems to be the problem (June 19, 2014) as soon as updated with recent recommended files as directed on Cydia, got the 'rsh' error on both devices and no more access to sources, packages, etc.

Using iFunbox deleted the saurik.list file as per your instructions, then replaced with your file you kindly posted via mediafire and both units are working perfect again.

Thanks again! Never could have done it without your assistance. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Primology View Post
    Simple.. the problem is this "/etc/apt/sources.list.d/saurik.list" !

https://www.mediafire.com/?a0upxi4q31m0c7e

Download and use mine Here is what it looks like

Attachment 650432

And a little advice , let the Delete button be ur last resort (don't rush)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Wow people still use this , your reply actually made me happy knowing that i still help (i wasn't rly happy) tho now i am )

well i know that when i will be cleaning my mediafire account i will not remove saurik.list

Im really glad that i helped you

Quote Originally Posted by Primology View Post
    Simple.. the problem is this "/etc/apt/sources.list.d/saurik.list" !

https://www.mediafire.com/?a0upxi4q31m0c7e

Download and use mine Here is what it looks like

Attachment 650432

And a little advice , let the Delete button be ur last resort (don't rush)
    Hi Primology,

Just wanted to say thank you so much for not yet deleting the saurik.list file in you mediafire account.
    I have been up all night trying to fix my daughter's ipod touch 4g after the error that occured after upgrading essentials on cydia.
    You must be wondering why I only jailbreaked it now hehehe the reason is because I didn't bother to jailbreak it again after I updated its ios to 6.1.6 years ago.
    Even though it is already 2016, your fix for the error is still useful and I hope you won't delete the file on mediafire.

THANK YOU AGAIN!!

P.S.
    I just had to register on this forum to be able to express my thanks to you hehehe

Interestingly enough, you just answered to the post which is more then 2 years old

7. The Following User Says Thank You to bbrks For This Useful Post:

Bo Troxell (2016-08-11)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12