+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I'm a newbie. Please help me! Jailbreak question

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hello everyone! Thanks for clicking on my post. I am very new to the jailbreak scene. I jailbroke my iphone 5 yesterday and I can not figure out how to
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default I'm a newbie. Please help me! Jailbreak question
    Hello everyone! Thanks for clicking on my post.

I am very new to the jailbreak scene. I jailbroke my iphone 5 yesterday and I can not figure out how to apply fonts, change my carrier logo, and even my slide to unlock. Could any of you please share some tips or information on how to do this? Thank you all so much! And, Merry Christmas to you all

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,429 Times in 6,368 Posts

It really depends what you are trying to do. If you are trying to manually theme the file system, some of those items can be changed. But if you are that new, I don't recommend it as you can do some damage mucking around in there.

If you are wanting to use tweaks, then you are in the same boat as everyone else, waiting for updates.

I would make google and YouTube your best friend and spend done time to see what can be done. There are tens of thousands of videos and articles.

Sorry that wasn't a lot of help. Just let us know which direction that you want to go, manual or conventional.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

mcooper (12-23-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

If you are wanting to use tweaks, then you are in the same boat as everyone else, waiting for updates.

I would make google and YouTube your best friend and spend done time to see what can be done. There are tens of thousands of videos and articles.
    Last edited by vimysunshine; 12-23-2013 at 11:32 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Any ideas why I keep getting this just downloaded the beta version activator ImageUploadedByModMyi1387866830.078885.jpg it's been almost 5 years since I last had a jail break on my phone I now have the iPhone 5 it's not in safe mode but no themes are working either with the winterboard

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,429 Times in 6,368 Posts

First, that pop up is normal until all the kinks are worked out of activator.

Second, WinterBoard is not working yet, so I would expect that themes are not working either. You may want to just uninstall WB until it is ready. Otherwise, it is just holding resources for no reason.

Quote Originally Posted by vimysunshine View Post

Yes, I believe that is what I posted.

Thank you for reposting it.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!