+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Winterboard iOS 7

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I was forced to upgrade my iPhone to iOS 7.0.2 about 2 months back and had recently found the heaven of .gif wallpapers, and the perfect collection of tweaks and
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Unhappy Winterboard iOS 7
    I was forced to upgrade my iPhone to iOS 7.0.2 about 2 months back and had recently found the heaven of .gif wallpapers, and the perfect collection of tweaks and themes, then my iPhone crashed and I had to force restore, while trying to make the Apple 'genius' not think I was jailbroken, therefore violating the terms. The best part of my iPhone, I thought, was the .gif wallpaper on the lock and homescreen. When that went away, I was distraught. When I got an email last night from a newsletter saying that the "JAILBREAK IS OUT!!!" I stayed up until 5 A.M getting all my packages back on (I had installed them all on my iTouch during all those months (felt like years) of waiting. When I was bummed to find two things. One, NO ROOT ACCESS ON IPHONE STILL!!! and Two, Winterboard got my hopes up by installing, but a couple emails and copy/paste traveling through Winterboard later, I found that Winterboard was not functional. THE BEST PART OF JAILBREAKING (for me)!!! Is this a problem with mobile substrate?? OH! And also! Winterboard, SBSettings, and Transparency, NONE OF THEM APPEAR IN SETTINGS ANYMORE!!!

HELPPP!!

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 4,203 Posts

Same for everyone gonna have to wait till the devs update the tweaks.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Dammnit.

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 4,203 Posts

Sorry for the bad news but we all waiting I'm sure it won't that much longer. Fingers crossed!

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,371 Times in 5,995 Posts

You do have root access. That is primarily what a JB does! If you mean that you can't see the file system using DiskAid or iFunBox etc then you need to install acf2add from Cydia and that problem will be solved.

I'm curious though, when you were installing all those tweaks back, you didn't see the warning on all of them that said that they were not compatible with your current firmware?
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Can someone please help i cant get to the Root Folder on my up to date Disc Aid do i need to add a source to get that acf2add and anyone know or have Winterboard working on ios7 thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 14,806 Times in 6,884 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kelcel View Post
    Can someone please help i cant get to the Root Folder on my up to date Disc Aid do i need to add a source to get that acf2add and anyone know or have Winterboard working on ios7 thanks
    Winterboard is not working yet.
    afc2add is free in the default repos, just search for it in cydia.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Thanks for the help i will be watching for posts to say winterboard is working thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    You do have root access. That is primarily what a JB does! If you mean that you can't see the file system using DiskAid or iFunBox etc then you need to install acf2add from Cydia and that problem will be solved.

I'm curious though, when you were installing all those tweaks back, you didn't see the warning on all of them that said that they were not compatible with your current firmware?
    No, all of them okay'd me, but many wouldn't function, most likely due to MobileSubstrate. One actually blamed me for having a firmware under 6.1.2, weird.