Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Why is the iPhone locked down tighter than the Pentagon?

Default Why is the iPhone locked down tighter than the Pentagon?
    I'm sure I'm not the only one who realizes this, but how many people think Apple has gone too far with this 1.1.1 update?

I love the Apple company, they're inventive, creative and brilliant as far as I'm concerned. But I am having a serious problem with the fact that this new update completely locks up your phone. I can understand that downloading and installing 3rd party apps and customizing the phone can and will void the warranty, but shouldn't the decision to take that risk be in the hands of the customers? (Who already shelled out $600 for the phone itself!)

I am writing this thread to vent about how ridiculous this new update is and to encourage people with any information on how to safely downgrade to 1.0.2 or jailbreak 1.1.1 to come forward and lend a hand.

Thanks, hope to talk to you soon!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

I am writing this thread to vent about how ridiculous this new update is and to encourage people with any information on how to safely downgrade to 1.0.2 or jailbreak 1.1.1 to come forward and lend a hand.
    Topic beaten to death. Look around a little.
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

Quote Originally Posted by one1 View Post
    Topic beaten to death. Look around a little.
    I made a thread in "chit chat". Why would you respond negatively? I'm just generating general discussion. If you don't like the thread, don't reply to it...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

I'm gonna respond again too. LOOK AROUND the topic is beaten to death.

It's not negative, it's just fact. Threads on this topic congest the forum daily.

/end
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

thats the apple way.
    Really?

Yep, Apple is all about their thing, used their way and thats it. They use the saying, my way or the highway. Look at their Mac lines and you can see that they rarely let people modify the platform, its all closed and only a few softwares are even allowed to run on them. Its the way they are and you can't do much about it. Apple hasn't gone too far, they are merely telling people how to use their product and any forms of activity that contradicts that nature, they will change it.

yeah...another thread would be great.

Haha. This is funny. I post an innocent thread to generate conversation and what do I get, people telling me that I'm "congesting" their precious forum. If you don't want to congest the forum, let the thread be...don't keep responding. Respond to something that matters to you. If information about downgrading and general conversation about Apple doesn't concern you, don't concern yourself with it.

Apple **** bussines plans.
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..