+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: HELP!! iPhone 4S stuck at Recovery Mode (Error 9)

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
hi, I have an iphone 4S-iOS 7.0.3 which is stuck at recovery mode, can anyone help me out with that? U see I tried restoring it via itunes but it
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default HELP!! iPhone 4S stuck at Recovery Mode (Error 9)
    hi, I have an iphone 4S-iOS 7.0.3 which is stuck at recovery mode, can anyone help me out with that? U see I tried restoring it via itunes but it keeps giving me "cannot restore with error (9)", I have been googling around but still couldnt get a fix for it. As per the error 9 on Apple information it says about the USB connection, which I have changed and check with different of them but still no fix. I have even disassembled the iphone to check if anything was not in placed and then reassemble it back. I have tried with tinyumberlla and recboot but it didnt help too. I was using the iphone fine lastnite and I went to bed. Next morning a frn of my called up but I just press the sleep button to keep it in silent and then had a nab. Next moment after I wokeup and check my iphone it didnt wakeup so then I press the sleep button to boot it up but all I could see was "connect to itunes".
    Can you have a look into it? Plz. "Thanks"

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Don't worry, just follow these steps to fix iPhone stuck in recovery mode
    => First of all Start your Computer and then connect with internet connection, now Download the latest version of the iTunes application
    => Now install the iTunes application in your System and connect your Device with computer via Data cable
    => Now connect your Device with iTunes application and then Tab on summary option, see in the left side bar of iTunes
    => Now Select restore option from iTunes and then confirm the Restore Message for better results, After this unplug your Device and Restart it
    If it doesn't work, try iPhone Data Recovery. It's simple steps to follow and solve problem.
    Step 1: Fix the Problem of iPhone Stuck in Recovery Mode
    Step 2: Recover Data from your iPhone Directly
    Step 3: Recover Lost Data from iTunes Backup
    I hope that will surely
    Thank you...
    Last edited by Kelvin G; 11-21-2013 at 09:04 PM. Reason: resource

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

The following will work for you to recover lost data of iPhone stuck in recovery mode.
    Solution 1 : Turn off your device , then turn back on and everything should be fine.

Solution 2 : Plug your device into a PC or a MAC then iTunes should detect your device is in recovery mode and release you from recovery mode.

ITUNES will automatically pick it up and a pop up box will probally say that your IPHONE is in recovery mode would you like to restore?

3. Click the restore tab.
    Note - If ITUNES if out of date, this will not work.
    Note - Do not do this over WIFI
    Note - Do not interrupt the restore
    Note - If you did not make a previous back up, your IPHONE will restore back to the factroy settings.

Solution 3 : RESTORE, your iPod

Solution 4: Press and hold the power button for 5 secs , press and hold the home button and release the power button. Now press the power button and the home button for 10 secs.

Hope this helps

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

In reply to the previous two posters he's already in recovery mode but he's getting error 9. The only time I've seen this is when I disconnected my iPhone 4 following a stalled restore - when I physically disconnected the lead. It indicates iTunes cannot communicate with the device.

To the OP are you stuck at the connect to itunes screen? Are you able to put the device in DFU mode? There are loads of instructions for this but I find the easiest way is to plug the USB into the computer, wait until you hear the connect USB noise then hold lock and home until you hear the disconnect USB noise, the then release lock but continue to hold home until you hear the connect noise again. You'll then see "new hardware connected" and windows will automatically install the DFU driver. Once in DFU try the restore again. If it fails try different USB leads (ensure one of the new type) OR a different USB port OR a different computer.

Thanks

For those who wonder, Apple support has an article about how to enter recovery mode:

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1808

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Don't worry about that. iPhone stuck in recovery mode always happens when you update the iOS on your iPhone. There are two ways to solve it.
    First is is to put your iPhone in DFU mode.
    Step 1. Turn off iPhone
    Step 2. Hold down the power and home button.
    Step 3. When you see the Apple logo, release the power button but continue holding the home button down.
    Step 4. Open iTunes and wait for it to tell you that it’s in restore mode.
    Second is to fix with a iPhone Data Recovery tool.
    Step 1: Fix the Problem of iPhone Stuck in Recovery Mode
    Step 2: Recover Lost Data from your iPhone Directly
    Step 3: Recover Lost Data from iTunes Backup
    You can try both of them.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jeffbernent View Post
    The following will work for you to recover lost data of
    Solution 1 : Turn off your device , then turn back on and everything should be fine.

Solution 2 : Plug your device into a PC or a MAC then iTunes should detect your device is in recovery mode and release you from recovery mode.

iTunes will automatically pick it up and a pop up box will probally say that your iPhone is in recovery mode would you like to restore?

3. Click the restore tab.
    Note - If ITUNES if out of date, this will not work.
    Note - Do not do this over WIFI
    Note - Do not interrupt the restore
    Note - If you did not make a previous back up, your IPHONE will restore back to the factroy settings.

Solution 3 : RESTORE, your iPod

Solution 4: Press and hold the power button for 5 secs , press and hold the home button and release the power button. Now press the power button and the home button for 10 secs.

Hope this helps
    I once met this problem and here is the way I did when iPhone stuck in recovery mode:

1.Press down the Home and Power buttons on your iPhone until it shuts off.
    2.Connect it to your computer with the USB cable.
    3.Press and hold down the Home button.
    4.Hold it down until iTunes says your device is entering recovery mode.
    Last edited by blkcadi; 04-28-2014 at 10:06 PM.