+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS 7.0.1 feature?

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hi everyone, I recently did a conversion to my iPhone (broke my front screen). Therefore I purchased a kit, took my entire phone apart, and put it back together. Everything
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default iOS 7.0.1 feature?
    Hi everyone, I recently did a conversion to my iPhone (broke my front screen). Therefore I purchased a kit, took my entire phone apart, and put it back together. Everything has ran smoothly. Siri, audio, LCD, videos, texting, ect. Then I noticed my home screen.

I have these thin, gray lines through each row. Is that a new iOS 7 feature? I don't remember seeing it in the beta. The rows are perfectly aligned with the rows, and there is also a thin, gray line where the names of the apps rest on. Tried googling it, but got no information. I was hoping somebody may have noticed this on their iOS 7 or something. I find it odd that me making a mistake in my repair would cause these lines. Any info or insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Viens

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,064 Times in 4,206 Posts

Picture for me is not showing up. Can't see

Green Apple
    Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 15,227 Times in 6,987 Posts

Not seeing any grey lines in the pic.

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,064 Times in 4,206 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Not seeing any grey lines in the pic.
    Agree looks good to me

Green Apple
    Thanks

Maybe gray lines wasn't the best way to describe it. The pic quality isn't very good. If you look real close to the icons and it's row there's a shaded portion

Green Apple
    Thanks

I just viewed the pic on my pc.... (Was on my phone). apparently when i took a screenshot of the home screen, it did not reveal any of the shadows and/or gray lines.. on my phone it showed the shadows, but on the pc it didnt... am going to try a restore. thanks

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Did you replace the LCD as well? Tell us if the restore works cause if it doesn't could it be the lcd?

Green Apple
    Thanks

I did the restore and it did not work. I would post the picture, but whenever you view the picture on the PC the lines do not show up. I took my phone apart to make sure everything was plugged in correctly with the logic board. Had no issues with the logic board. Everything on my phone is fine for the lines. They aren't ridiculously noticeable, but they still bug me. Especially when I pay $60 for a repair kit. I will try posting a picture, but I doubt it will be viewable

ImageUploadedByModMyi1381697673.842535.jpg

Idk if you can tell but behind the icons there is a shadow.... It stretches from one side of the screen to the other. Also if you look close enough there is a thin line that also stretches from across the screen. That line is where the icon labels are.
    Last edited by Viens; 10-13-2013 at 02:56 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

ImageUploadedByModMyi1381717014.080483.jpg

Another image.... Please help!!!
    Last edited by Viens; 10-13-2013 at 09:51 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

photo 1.JPGphoto 2.JPG

these images should work. the "shadows" are behind the icons, and behind the icon labels.

Thanks

Oh I'm definitely seeing a darker band across/through the top row of icons and names now.

Personally, my intuition makes me think it's a hardware problem, possibly due to a less-than-perfect quality replacement screen... but that's just my best guess.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Orby For This Useful Post:

Viens (10-14-2013)

Green Apple
    Thanks

yes, whenever I took a screenshot of the home screen, the "shadows" would not appear when I posted the picture. therefore, I got another phone, and took the pics. I'm debating whether or not I should take the phone apart or run it into apple and see if they know the problem.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Viens View Post
    yes, whenever I took a screenshot of the home screen, the "shadows" would not appear when I posted the picture. therefore, I got another phone, and took the pics. I'm debating whether or not I should take the phone apart or run it into apple and see if they know the problem.
    I'd strongly advise against going to an Apple Store with that phone. They probably won't take too kindly to an iPhone that's received "unauthorized modifications." If you got a "high copy" or other non-Apple LCD, I'd suggest trying the repair again with an OEM part instead--if your supplier is at all scrupulous, you'll get a refund of some sort for your pretty clearly defective screen.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Orby For This Useful Post:

Viens (10-14-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Think I can see it. Would agree likely hardware. I have a question re: your screenshots. 1 is an iPod. 1 is a phone on Vodafone.de. 1 is a phone on AT&T. Why 3 different devices? Are they all suffering?

18. The Following User Says Thank You to docmagoo2 For This Useful Post:

Viens (10-14-2013)

Green Apple
    Thanks

the only device that actually belongs to me is my iPhone from AT&T. I was surfing through safari on my phone, and the other images posted (the iPod and Vodafone.de) all had the same issues I had. So I posted those images through the ModMyi App on my phone (because they had exact same problem). But then, I got on my PC, and the iPod and Vodafone.de issues were no longer there, and it looked fine as if it had no issues. If that makes sense to you? Its kind of hard explaining. Nonetheless, I redid my conversion, and had no luck. Hopefully I can get a refund, or a new screen. Other than the lines, my phone is fine. Whats weird is wherever there is font, a thin, gray line appears.

Green Apple
    Thanks

appreciate the responses. i decided to switch out the new lcd with my original lcd. after i switched it out, the lines disappeared. must've been an lcd issue. contacted the company that sold me the lcd, and they told me to send it back, and they would swap it out with a new one. thanks again everyone.