+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: need help

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
so i bought a iphone 5 from craiglist. when I bought it, it was on the activation screen (connect to wifi n all) i had checked the imie before buying
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Exclamation need help
    so i bought a iphone 5 from craiglist. when I bought it, it was on the activation screen (connect to wifi n all) i had checked the imie before buying it. it was clean. i put my h20 sim card in it and connected to wifi. and it's asking for apple id of previous owner. it's on ios 7
    I have no idea what is the user and pass for the previous owner. it's not letting me go inside the phone without putting that information in.

I tried to downgrade to ios6 but no luck. is there any way I can bypass that? or atleast downgrade it to ios6??

Thanks
    Thanked 2,072 Times in 934 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rajx05 View Post
    so i bought a iphone 5 from craiglist. when I bought it, it was on the activation screen (connect to wifi n all) i had checked the imie before buying it. it was clean. i put my h20 sim card in it and connected to wifi. and it's asking for apple id of previous owner. it's on ios 7
    I have no idea what is the user and pass for the previous owner. it's not letting me go inside the phone without putting that information in.

I tried to downgrade to ios6 but no luck. is there any way I can bypass that? or atleast downgrade it to ios6??
    Have you tried a DFU Restore? You said it's on iOS 7 so I assume you're not trying to save a jailbreak. Do the DFU Restore and let us know...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

yea I did try putting it on dfu mode and restore. didn't work.. gave me a error

they didn't have this on ios. this ios 7. when on activation screen. you must put your apple id n pass to log in to the phone. :/
    I had no idea about that that's why i bought the phone.
    any other suggestion?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,072 Times in 934 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rajx05 View Post
    yea I did try putting it on dfu mode and restore. didn't work.. gave me a error

they didn't have this on ios. this ios 7. when on activation screen. you must put your apple id n pass to log in to the phone. :/
    I had no idea about that that's why i bought the phone.
    any other suggestion?
    Will it allow you to skip the sign-in screen or not?

Also, what 'error' are you showing when doing the restore?
    Last edited by thazsar; 09-25-2013 at 10:32 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

no there isn't any option to skip

i dont remember what error was it. but def error though.