Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Moving from Android to iPhone. Can anyone help me?

Default Moving from Android to iPhone. Can anyone help me?
    I ordered the iPhone 5S & expecting it to be delivered next week

I am currently using Samsung Galaxy S2 (Android)

I want to transfer my Contacts & SMS from Android to iPhone. Are there any easy ways to do this?

Many thanks

Never tried it myself, but you could try syncing your contacts to Google, and then using this to sync from Google to iPhone.
    https://support.google.com/mail/answer/2753077

Thanks
    Thanked 2,330 Times in 1,030 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GnatGoSplat View Post
    Never tried it myself, but you could try syncing your contacts to Google, and then using this to sync from Google to iPhone.
    https://support.google.com/mail/answer/2753077
    Agreed or if you use Yahoo, you sync your Droid contacts w/ them and then sync those to your ip5S. After that, turn on iCloud and enable Contacts backup.

There is an App called iDriveLite for contacts, it is available for both Android and IOS. I am not sure if the transfer will work, bit I guess it's worth a try they say it does:
    https://www.idrive.com/mobile/

5. The Following User Says Thank You to bbrks For This Useful Post:

thazsar (07-15-2014)

You don't sync your Samsung contacts with an address book app on your computer? How did all contacts on the Samsung make it there?

As the Samsung is an android device, are you accessing a Gmail account on the Samsung that provides for syncing your Google contacts over the air?

If so, you can create your Gmail account on the iPhone and have access to your Google online contacts.

Or you can try the three-party tool to move from Android to iPhone.
    Last edited by cytheriamiller; 07-20-2014 at 10:00 PM.

The trouble with using Google or Yahoo to transfer contacts to the iPhone is that you can't really bring the contacts you sync on the iPhone via Google or Yahoo with iCloud. The cloud accounts are kept separate so even if you enable iCloud sync on the iPhone, the contacts which were synced via Google for instance, will remain there. You can instead use this to transfer the contacts directly from Android to iPhone.

Alternatively, have your Android contacts sync to Google (Google is Android's iCloud so sync is rather easy). Then log in to your Google account and export the contacts into VCF files to your computer. Next, log in to your iCloud account and import the VCF contact files from the computer. Finally, enable iCloud sync on the iPhone.