Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iTunes wants to set up my active 5s as new/restore

Default iTunes wants to set up my active 5s as new/restore
    Edit - Never mind. I went with 'set up as new' and everything is still there and iTunes is copying the apps over to my PC rather than trying to download them all again.

Hi hi hi. I'm not sure I'm posting this in the right place but I have what I think is a bit of a dumb question. I picked up a 5S on Friday morning and activated it in the store, then updated it to iOS 7.0.1 when I got to work (OTA using wi-fi). So I've used the phone since then, downloaded all the free Apple apps, set up my email and a bunch of things I use iCloud for are all good on the new phone.
    But now (after almost 48 hours of using the phone) I have updated iTunes on my PC and I plug the phone in, it is asking me to set up as new OR restore from a backup of my iPhone 4. I don't want to do either of these things. I activated it as new on Friday and have since done a bunch of stuff to the phone that I don't want to lose.
    If I select 'set up as new' will I lose the apps and stuff that I have done since Friday?
    Last edited by radioBirdman; 09-21-2013 at 05:21 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

All good then?